Chapter 28 - respect

"Antoinette!"

Anastasia froze, turning around to see 6 figures sitting at a table in front of her. She bit the inside of her cheeks- the capture targets.

Left to right around the circular table sat Ryan Faynst, the same short-cut navy hair and quiet air that had surrounded him since childhood. Beside him sat Austin Ainsworth, the second prince and the man who played the violin earlier in the first performance. She noticed his grimace as he spotted her. At another seat at the table sat Lucas Chester, his bright red hair even longer than childhood, tied back with a single ribbon. Beside him sat William Rosenburg, the same platinum white hair that Anastasia hated. It brought back all the memories of the her who was a foolish child. Anastasia could laugh at the fierce look of disdain he threw her way as he looked ready to up and leave in that moment. On the other side of Lucas, sat a man with wavy blonde hair and deep blue eyes, a quiet and sophisticated air around him- her former fiancé. They all looked much taller now, if standing then towering over her in height. She was brought out of her thoughts by a short, salmon-haired girl waving at her from the centre of the table, surrounded by the others. She turned to the others, an air of fake excitement that made Anastasia want to throw up.

"I told you it was her! Who else could it have been!"

The platinum-haired boy gave a light scoff, brushing his hair back, and masking his intent with a fake smile as he turned to their group.

"Well, she really has changed a lot hasn't she- she played amazingly."

Anastasia kissed her teeth, mind racing to translate the noble's language.

'Who could have thought such a useless thing could play so well, it's impossible to think of.'

She could feel Jamison tense beside her and see the masked confusion on the three other international students' faces. The girl with the light rosey hair called out to them once more.

"Come- sit down!"

Anastasia bit her lip for a second, before moving towards them, the others following. She couldn't deny the request without seeming rude, and she had a reputation as a Kou representative to hold and cherish.

She was seated at the opposite side of the table, Jamison and Sebastian on her left, and Nathaniel and Benjamin on her right.

'Great, how the hell am I supposed to eat comfortably at a table full of the people who were supposed to kill me off.'

"Prince Austin Ainsworth greets the envoys of Emanten, Deyrion and Kou."

As she sat down, they began to introduce themselves to the three unfamiliar faces.

"Ryan Faynst, attendant of the second prince, greets the envoys of Emanten, Deyrion and Kou."

"Lucas Chester, attendant of first prince, greets the envoys of Emanten, Deyrion and Kou."

Lucas looked at her, an intrigued but somehow dangerous look in his eye. Next to speak was William- who was seemingly hostile towards her.

'I guess he still has the mentality of a child.'

"Greetings, I go by the name William Rosenburg, though you might be aware of that."

'Fucker.'

"And I'm Emily Myers! I might not be of high enough status to be here but I hope you won't think any differently!"

'Oh fuck off-'

Her thoughts were interrupted as she made to bow her head alongside the others.