Chapter 31 - let's get down to business

Anastasia lifted the left corner of her skirt, right hand over her chest.

"Good evening to the nobles of Ainsworth. I go by Anastasia d'Astelo, Duchess of Kou's House d'Astelo."

"Greetings, to the envoy of Kou, Duchess Anastasia d'Astelo. My name is..."

'Now, business talk.'

  —————

The conversation went about as well as it could. They seemed to underestimate her, thinking it was absurd for a young woman to be a lone Duchess. It was only once she had revealed herself as head of Fortuna Eopsin that she gained true respect as the person who had distributed the revolutionary mana phones. They began to talk about proper business talks, about distributing products and the increasing tax rates of Ainsworth. By the end of the many different discussions, she had gained the respect and acknowledgment of many of the men of noble factions and companies- she had gained the attention of the most influential people present on the day. After all, it was what was necessary. She had the need to expand her company, gaining allies and potential partnerships. The profits from doing so could aid their people greatly, and she needed the money to back her siblings in their growth as powerful individuals.

Anastasia spoke to many different adults on business terms, and as the night came to an end, the three royals of neighbouring kingdoms had to leave for their own castles. The Queen of Kou approached them, the final to say her goodbyes to her kingdom's children. She formally said her goodbyes to Jamison, a small speech of 'don't let me down's and then turned to Anastasia for her formal dismissals.

Anastasia dropped to her knee, a hand up and along the words engraved in her collar bone. Her mouth opened, reciting the vows she had made to Her Majesty on her first knighting as one of 'Majesty's Table'. Marilyn places a hand on Anastasia's head, reciting her own words of leave.

"You are one of our own- someone personally knighted by the King and Queen of your kingdom. A representative of our kingdom's finest. Do not let me down, Anastasia d'Astelo."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

She rose to her feet, as Marilyn smiled softly, engulfing both her and Jamison in a quick hug.

"You guys can do it- call me if anything happens. I'll send people straight away -damn it- I'll come by myself if I have to."

They shared a smile, ignoring the astonished looks of the people around them. A Queen? Hugging her subjects? Unheard of.

The three royals made their exits, leaving Jamison and Anastasia bowing in their steed. Soon after, they left back to their own manor. After all, they would be back the next morning to send official greetings to the King and Queen of Ainsworth alongside the other international students.

As she drifted off that night, washed up and clothed in nightwear, Anastasia wondered about how her new school life would go. Tomorrow, she and Jamison would move minor items into the weekday dorms they were staying in, and the day after, her academy life would begin once more. She could only hope that the actions she took six years ago were those that had indeed saved her life.

———————————————————————

Here you go, my lovely readers! A chapter ending the banquet and moving on!

aNyWaY I slept at 3am, woke up for an 8:30am class, fell asleep after it finished, turned off my 10:25am alarm by accident, missed my 10:30am maths call, woke up at 11:30am, finished my 12pm business studies call and that was my school day :')

but hey at least my maths teacher forgot the register so it didn't get logged xD

how did everyone's days go?