Chapter 35 - settling in

Anastasia looked up at the school before her. Ainsworth's Royal Academy was about the same size as the Royal Academy of Kou but the buildings seemed to be more spaced out.

Jamison led her out of the carriage, as they collected the minor items on them (and the street food they had stopped by for on the way), making their way past the entrance. At this time, they were some of the only students at the academy, only midday. The two were greeted by the headmaster, an old noble man with a quiet but strong take to him. They spoke minor pleasantries as he lead them, personally, to their dormitories. Unlike the rest of the school and the system back in Kou, Anastasia and Jamison had dorms right next to each other. The rest of the students were split by gender, all apart from the heroine who was placed by the men's dorms area 'by accident'.

'What a game scenario- '

Their apartments were clean and were much larger than those back in Kou- almost unnecessary large. There was a single bedroom, living room area, a large bathroom, study room and a spare, empty room. The living rooms had the same brown sofas of an expensive material and pieces of art work hanging. There was also a small dining table to the side and 4 chairs surrounding them. The bedroom were of stripped beds, a bedside table, wardrobe and a blank book shelf. The study room was in a similar blank manner of only a desk to work at, a large bookshelf and shelves decorating the walls. Finally, there was the spare room which was completely blank. All the walls of all the rooms were a creamy white-like yellow except the white bathroom walls. Everything seemed to be of such high quality, reminding Anastasia once more that this was a place for only nobles. A place where discriminations still existed. It was the reason the game heroine was so heavily prejudiced against by the villainess. But that was okay, because that wasn't her role, and she would never be involved in such a thing.

She split up with Jamison, both going to their assigned apartments to settle in. Their luggage and items had been brought to their rooms but not set up, under their own wishes. They spent the next four hours putting away clothes, dressing the beds and filling up shelves. By the time everything was away, they were quite hungry. Gathering in Anastasia's room, she took out some of the street food, they had purchased earlier, from the mini fridge in the living room corner and dined. The rest of the international students had their own apartments next to theirs. Everyone was bunched up in the middle of the dorm complex. She wondered if they were here yet.

Her wonders were replied to by the headmaster, who had conversed with them an hour after finishing their food as they emerged from the apartment. He didn't comment on the two exiting the same apartment, where it would normally mean intimacy, he didn't want to intrude on their relationship. He did, however, know that they were not engaged, having read their files beforehand, and that Anastasia was engaged to another- but, that was none of his business so he put his thoughts to a side.

The two stealthily gathered dinner from the student dining room, avoiding the other students and bringing it back to their apartments to eat away from others. She didn't want anyone to talk about her or spread rumours today, feeling that the reactions tomorrow would be made far worse.

That night, she had hung up her brand new uniform and set her shoes to a side. They had no bags or on hand items since it was 'noble etiquette' to allow maids or butlers to carry any on hand items, and in general there were no books or items that would be taken back unless it was homework. Her own private maid, Sarah, would arrive at the academy the next morning alongside her dog, Buddy, and Jamison's personal butler. She was excited to go back to an education, but scared of the outcomes. Of the people, and of the judgement.

That night, she went to sleep scared, but as her mind drifted off, she began to feel no feelings other than exhaustion from unpacking and excitement for the new day ahead.

'I hope tomorrow goes well.'

———————————————————————

Uh no- what are you talking about? Of course I didn't forget about the dog, the maid and the butler- not me,, wrong,,,

But aNyWaY I feel the need to say it now since I think the views will reach by the time, but thank you for (almost pretty much there) 40k views💗 it's crazy how quickly the views are climbing and I can't tell you for grateful I am! I wish I could release chapters faster but I actually have to write a new chapter plan guide for the next couple chapters since this chapter was the last guide written🥳😅 Thank you for reading and I hope everyone has a good day/night (it's currently around 02:05 as I'm about to publish this so please feel free to point out any mistakes I made I'm an idiot sometimes) 💕💕💕

-Mathu x