Chapter 23

A/N: Please make me happy by clicking that cute little star over there!! Pwease!!!

*******

Karen's POV

The rest of the week passes with the same routine. The three of us having breakfast in our room and then going to train with Darius and Caspian. I progress quite fast after the first day and my hand to hand combat skills are much better now. Darius is ruthless when it comes to training. I lost count of the times when he picked me up and slammed me to the ground.

But as the days pass, my super strength also keeps increasing, so by the last day of my training, I am stronger than Darius and happily kick his ass numerous times.

Once my training with Darius is over, we plan to switch sides. Now I will train with Caspian and Iris and Kevin will train with Darius. But I was able to survive his intense training with my supernatural strength and I have no idea how Iris and Kevin will.

Currently, I am on the other side of the gym room, where they established the archery and spear throwing section. From this part of the room, we cannot even sense what is happening in the combat section. So technically, there is only me and Caspian in the room.

I and Caspian bonded a lot over the days. The guy speaks rarely but I manage to put some words out of him. But he never jokes around like Kevin or not even like Darius. Instead, he simply minds his own business, talks only when necessary. And the one thing that hasn't changed is him calling me amare or Katarina whenever he sees me.

I am holding a large bow, with a bunch of arrows sling across my shoulders and two targets are placed in front of me. Caspian is in a similar position to mine and is a few feet away from me, dressed in full black, which contrasts with his pale skin tone and the sunlight that shoots through the small window enhances the color of his beautiful golden hair.

"Katarina?" he calls me breaking my brief trance.

"Hmmm?" I hum still looking at him.

There something different about Caspian. He doesn't flirt with me like Darius and he doesn't even talk as much as Darius. But still, I am drawn to him. Like this pull attracts my eyes to him, my body wants to be close to him and my ears want to hear him.

Darius doesn't have this effect on me. But he attracts me in a different way though. 

These Eponian lots are so confusing.

Caspian sighs and slings his bow over his shoulder and begins to walk towards me while I keep staring at him because it seems to be impossible to tear my eyes off him. He stops right in front of me and takes my face in his hands. Like with Darius, my face is like a small ball in his hands. These two make me feel small and fragile. Maybe it's due to the way they treat me. Like a delicate doll that they are obliged to protect.

But the place where he touches me, it feels like he is passing an electric current from his fingertips to my body, neutralising the connection between us.

He looks deeply into my eyes. 

What's with these Prince Brothers looking this way into my eyes?

"Why are you looking at me?" he asks. 

Funny question! I myself don't know the answer to that!

"I don't know, you tell me. Why am I looking at you?" I ask back. The question sounds dumb but it feels apt. 

"How can I answer that question, amare?" he whispers.

"Why do you call me that? Amare?" I ask back.

"I think you already know what that means. Iris knows Latin, doesn't she?" he asks.