Chapter 29

Karen's POV

[Flashback]

"Miss Karen Hill!" someone yells.

My eyes shoot open as the hammer in my heart strikes. My bend body rises straight and I realize where I am. 

Shit! I just slept in class.

"Miss Hill, did you not get enough sleep last night?" Mr. Lightwood, our hot math teacher a.k.a my crush, asks.

My eyes blink a few times. "Sorry, Mr. Lightwood, I was...I just felt dizzy and passed out. I am really sorry." I apologize.

He walks over to me, slowly, with the book held in between his large hands, and about an eternity later, he stands in front of my table. This guy is so sexy; it should be illegal for him to teach in a school full of hormonal teenagers. And ironically, he teaches the best subject, Math. (Note the sarcasm.)

"You better not repeat this. But if you have any headache or dizziness, I will give you the pass, please go to the clinic," he suggests and I nod. "And I am not repeating what I taught again. If you want, come to my office during recess," he says and I nod again. He lingers there for a minute and then resumes teaching.

The breath I was holding is let out and I look over at Iris who mouths 'What happened?' and I spin my head to show her that I passed out.

I have no idea how, but I remember feeling like the whole room was spinning, and then everything went black. I dreamed about something though. But as dreams go, it made no sense. I was holding a glowing stone in my hand and as soon as I set it down, it turned bright blue. And it was the most beautiful blue I had ever seen.

But I never sleep in class. Even if I don't understand what is happening in the class, I never sleep. Iris is the one who mostly sleeps in class. She says it's a headache but god knows if she is just sleepy.

But the math period is another story. Even though I am always busy admiring my sexy teacher I always pay attention to his classes. And today I can go to his office. Just me and him, alone in that room.

My subconscious almost slaps me for being so dirty-minded. But Mr. Lightwood is not old. I think he's only twenty. I am sixteen. I don't even understand how he managed to get a job here.

Is it illegal to flirt with your teacher? I don't think so and I don't care.

I think Mr. Lightwood kinda knows my little crush on him, and sometimes it feels like he can read all the dirty thoughts that go through my head given the way he smirks at me.

But he is a great teacher. He is very kind and doesn't hesitate to explain a concept over and over again if a student does not understand it. He cares about his students and that's what makes me more attracted to him. And he is very committed to his job. He respects everyone and is one true gentleman. Even senior teachers at our school are very fond of the dude.

"What happened to you? Why did you sleep in class?" asks Iris once we get out of the class.

I shrug. "I don't know. I felt dizzy and then passed out. And no one even saw it." 

"It was kinda surprising, you know, you tease me for sleeping in class and today you got caught for sleeping." she giggles.

"But Mr. Lightwood told me to go to his office so that he can teach me the portions I missed. No other stupid distractions. Just me and him. How cool is that? Hannah will be so jealous." I rejoice.

"God, you're so dirty-minded. You've got your eyes on our goddamn teacher!" she scolds.

"Oh, come on! He is so hot! It'll be hard not to have a crush on him, duh!" I counter.