Chapter 42

Iris' POV

I groggily open my eyes and the first thing is I see is Kevin's chest. My throat feels like sandpaper and I swallow repeatedly to lubricate it. It feels like the time at the lake.

We all felt super thirsty and drawn to Delmar's lake. Only Karen could smell the poison's foul smell but we all ignored her due to the intensity of our thirst. And that resulted in me turning into a mermaid- human hybrid. And ever since, I have been feeling thirsty all the time. It's not a big problem, because I can freaking conjure up water from the air which I find super cool!

I unwrap my arms from around Kevin's waist and groan as I try to sit up. Kevin is quick to wake up at the loss of contact and he jolts upright.

"What happened, baby?" he asks, his voice hoarse.

"Nothing, go to sleep, I am just thirsty." I shrug. I swing my legs to the end of the bed and stand up. Just as I am about to walk Kevin grabs my arm and I turn to look.

"Can you bring some for me too?" he asks and I nod. I slowly open the door, hop my way out, and shut the door silently.

The hallway is dead silent and there are only three bedrooms, ours, Karen's, and Caspian's in this one. Conjuring up water does require a little bit of energy from my side, although not as much as they need, I am too lazy to use any energy of mine because well......I am super lazy.

There is a small rack where they keep water, juices, and stuff like that in fancy glass bottles. The bottles alone make you pick the drinks. I am guessing the top row has liquor too, but I am not taking any of that. The tequila burned my esophagus today.

I pick two bottles of orange juice and a big bottle of water and decide to head back when I hear a noise in the door beside me. This is Caspian's room. I decide to move further towards my room when I hear Caspian grunting. 

What the hell is happening? Why hasn't he slept yet?

I quickly move towards my door, place the drinks inside, try to wake Kevin up but he turns around, cursing Delmar in his freaking sleep. He didn't like it, me barely dressed, swimming with a smokin' hot merman but in my eyes, this sleeping bird is the hottest guy on earth.

Does Eponine count as Earth?

I drain the bottle of juice before I hop my way to Caspian's door. Although I know that this is not right, I strain my ear to know what's happening inside until I hear a thump. I quietly knock on the door and wait for him to answer. I know he is not sleeping anyway.

When he doesn't answer, I knock again.

"Go away!" he growls. 

Boy, this isn't good!

"Caspian, it's me, Iris. Open the door." I say, knocking again. I hear some shuffling before someone yanks open the door and I see a very flushed looking Caspian.

"What do you want?" he asks. His eyes are red, his nose is pink, his cheeks are pink; he's been freaking crying his eyeballs out!

"Why haven't you slept yet?" I ask.

"Why do you care?" he scoffs, turning around on his heels and walking back inside. I follow him, trying not to bombard him with questions.

"Why do I care? Because I am your damn friend!" I reply.

"Aren't you supposed to be cuddling with your boyfriend?" he huffs.

"Well, aren't you supposed to be sleeping?"

"Why are you here?"

"Why the hell were you crying?"

"I am not crying! Just go away!" he yells.