6

Danny walked into class with a pep in her step. Last night she watched Dr. Who for the first time and she wanted to discuss it with Spencer ASAP. Though, she wanted to do it in person and see the way his face lit up when talking about it. So she waited until class started, and she will continue to wait until class ended. Danny had a long talk with herself last night and decided that she would not dwell over Spencer as a crush, but could talk to him as more of a... friend. Student friend.

Danny sat in the front again, her usual spot, and calmly with her hands on her lap. It was going to be a good day.

"Class, listen up." Mr. Charles started. Here we go, he's going to introduce Reid. "Dr. Spencer Reid, nor anyone from the BAU could come in today for lecture. They had to be sent away on an urgent case. FBI work people. It's important. Instead, we will get out our notebooks and start taking notes on the theory of neuroscience pointing toward psychopaths."

Danny looks crushed now. The perfect day that it was supposed to be is now a big huge gigantic disappointment. How can she focus when all she can think about is Spencer. It's selfish of her to think of the lecture teacher as being her entertainment, yet she can't ever get him off her mind. Is he going to be okay? What if he gets back and decides not to teach? What if he forgets about her? And the worst yet: what if he gets hurt.

Delicate Reid getting shot by a bullet. Although she knows he's not that fragile, she will always worry for him as she would for anyone she cares about. Having friends in the FBI is harder than she imagined.

She vows to text him later to see how he's doing. For now, the world of psychopaths calls to the college student.

Late night, all alone, with a broken stove and flickering light. Danny can't seem to calm down. The apartment she moved into is terrible, she knows, but it's the cheapest option for her dwindling money supply. Being a college student is hard.

She ordered take out a while ago and is waiting for it to get here. She changed into her pajamas and sat with her phone in her lap and the tv on low. The noise was good to keep on in the background to keep her from freaking herself out. After doing so many research projects on how people get murdered, especially young girls, it's hard to forget. No relaxing when she is alone at night, which she always is.

Her finger scrolls over Spence's contact over and over, her mouth twists to the side in thought. Maybe she should text him now. It would give her a good distraction from the loneliness of the apartment.

'It's 'Dan the Man'. I missed you during class today, teacher.'

And her attempt at a smooth text went straight to the gutters. She slaps her forehead in disbelief that she actually just sent that. To The Spence Reid. Can she be anymore embarrassing? Dan the Man? Her dad used to call her that. Yet it slipped out on a whim. She's sorry it did.

The three little bubbles pop up and Danny bites her nails in anticipation. They disappear and pop back up just as fast. She feels like she is going through a roller coaster at this point.

The doorbell rings loudly and scared the living daylights out of the poor girl. She is much too concentrated on that text bubble. But how long is he going to type for?

She steps over to the door and slides it open to peak out into the corridor, the chain firmly in place. She is much too paranoid for something so simple. Thankfully it's the delivery guy and he stands with a bag full of Chinese.

She closes the door and opens it, calling over her shoulder to say that the delivery was here. She normally yells out the name Michael too, yet this time she yells out Spencer. It's a tactic that her dad taught her. Always make it known that a man is in the house, even if you are alone. It dissuades from anyone trying to make a move. Whether it be dangerous or just hitting on her. So far, it's always worked.

"Thank you," she trades over the cash for the bag and the man hangs on for a second too long. His eyes a beady grey and making her skin crawl. He made his eyes lock with hers and gave her a grin. It was all too much and she wanted to slam his face into the doorframe. She reminds herself yet again, that being aggressive doesn't lead to getting into the FBI.

Danny rips it from his hand and says "I've got the food Spence," before slamming the door in his face. That was a little too close for comfort.

Sitting down with the food, Spencer finally had texted back during that whole ordeal. 'Dan. I like it. I missed seeing your smile, student."

Wait. Did he just flirt with her?

—-Authors note:As a college student, I can vouch for the fact that most of us are poor

—-
Authors note:
As a college student, I can vouch for the fact that most of us are poor. Thankfully, my apartment isn't as bad as Danny's.