Chapter 13 - Hi...

Knocking on the door of 221b you slowly open the door and peer into the hall. Walking over to Mrs Hudson's flat and knock softly and open the door. Walking around the flat you see her to be gone, you sigh and walk out the flat with a sniffle.

"Y/n?" Looking up you see Sherlock at the top of the stairs.

"Hi..."

"What are you doing here?" You shrug and pull your coat closer to your body.

"Just needed to see Mrs H..." Sherlock quirks a brow and descended the stairs.

"He broke up with you?" You chuckle and nod. "Would you... like a cup of tea?" You look up at the detective who had a soft smile on his face.

"That would be nice..." walking into the flat you smell the scent of old books and experiments. "Nothing has changed... except that..." you point to a baby toy on the floor which Sherlock snatches you quickly. "Client?"

"Uh... no..." you quirk a brow and look around, seeing a small picture frame. John, Mary, Sherlock and a baby sat on a chair with soft smiles. Sherlock was quick to clean up the rest of the flat as you stated wide eyed at the picture.

"This... this is their child?" You turn to Sherlock who chuckles nervously. "Why wasn't I told when Mary gave birth?"

"You were missing for a few years, Y/n," rolling your eyes you give a 'you know what I mean' to Sherlock who smiles. "Rosie... Shes with John at the moment..."

"But it's the middle of the work day... shouldn't John be at work?" He shakes his head and places the kettle on.

"No, day off," nodding you smile back at the photo.

"Oh! I can't wait to see Mary!" You turn back to Sherlock happily only to see his face fall. "What?"

"Uhm..." you quirk a brow. "Well, you can see her... just not face to face..."

"What? Is she out of the country?" Sherlock shakes his head nervously. "Then what?" Sherlock turns off the kettle and grabs his coat.

"Come with me," hesitantly agreeing you and Sherlock hail a cab.

~~~

"Sherlock? Why are we at a graveyard?" Your heart started to drop as you assumed the worst. "Sherlock?" The detective exits the cab and quickly pays before walking with you through the metal gates. "Sherlock?..." you say more pleadingly.

"I'm guessing you figured it out?" Your heart shattered into a million pieces as Sherlock stops at a grave with Mary's name on it.

"No..." your eyes blur as you slowly bring a hand to your mouth in shock. "No, no, Sherlock, tell me this is a joke!" He sighs confirming the fact that Mary was... dead... tears stream down your face quickly, hot and salty against the freezing weather. Your lips trembled as Sherlock gently takes hold of your hand, quickly hugging him tight he tenses up and wraps an arm around you.

"I'm sorry," you shake your head in denial and slowly cry into the detectives coat. "I made a vow and didn't keep it,"

"No, Sherlock you can't blame yourself, you didn't do it... right?" You sniffle and look up at Sherlock who looks down sadly.

"No, but I should have been shot, Mary saved me and died in my place-" you squeeze his hand tight as he looks down at you.

"If you didn't hold the gun, then it wasn't your fault," with a slanted smile he thanks you quietly. "It's just... poor Rosie... no mother..."

"No mother but she does have an amazing father and uncle... and soon an amazing aunt," you chuckle and wipe away a tear. "How about that tea?" Giving a nod you take one last glance at Mary's grave before walking away next to a Sherlock. Hands still held tight.

~~~

"How was New York?"

"Boring... As much as I dreaded coming back to London... I have to admit it's nice to be back," taking another sip of your tea Sherlock nods. "How's the consulting going?" He sighs and goes to explain but you stop him. "Since I've been back, I read up about what you've done since I left," you said with a grin.

"How-"

"Turkish delights isn't a good password, tell your brother that," Sherlock gives a short laugh and shakes his head.

"You haven't lost your touch," you shrug, smugly before gesturing for him to say his answer. "Boring cases, but enough to suffice..." nodding you stand up and walk to Sherlocks room. "Where are you going?"

"Checking out the room," you scanned the room quickly as Sherlock protested. Rolling your eyes you unpin one corner of Sherlocks Periodic table and peer under to see a small hole with a pack of cigarettes. "Sherlock," sternly looking at Sherlock you raise a brow as the detective grumbled with a blush. "Out with it," you toss it in your bag to dispose of.

"You are a nuisance," grinning at the detective he holds back a smile.

"You love me,"

"Sadly that's true," you blush slightly and walk into the kitchen, looking around at experiments. "Nothing new... re doing a few experiments," you peer into the microwave and see a black goo.

"Eyeballs?"

"Gallbladder actually," you nod and shut the microwave door. Looking around some more your eyes drift back and forth from Sherlock to the room.

"Wanna play operation?" You grab the game from the cupboard and hold it up.

"Be prepared to lose, L/n," Sherlock grins and pulls a table between the two chairs.

"In your dreams, William,"

"It's Sherlock," he grumbles making you laugh.

~~~

Yeet me out a window pls

- Anna ❤️