Chapter 19 - Possessive

"Y/n, can I speak with you for a moment," stopping in the door way Ally and Charlie make mocking 'oooo' noises. Nodding, you place down your bag and coat and wait for everyone to leave the room. Jim waits patiently as Seb closes the door.

"What is it?" You lean on the back of one of the chairs.

"I have a question, a few actually..." raising a brow you nod.

"Out with it then," Jim leans forward in his chair with a serious glance.

"Why are you hanging out with Sherlock?" Your face falls as you groan. "No, listen to me, you do realise he is on the other side, right?"

"Jim... you do realise you were on the other side when I worked at Scotland Yard," you retort making him roll his eyes.

"This is different-" you let out a scoff and laugh.

"How? How is this any different?"

"Because you were mine back then and you are now," he stands up and walks over to you, placing a finger under your chin which you move away.

"I'm not yours, wasn't then, definitely not now," you growl. He goes to speak but you cut him off. "No, don't start. You may be able to have anything you want, you could have the world in the palm of your hand... but not me, I'm tired of being treated like a pawn, a toy, call it what you will, but I'm tired of it,"

"But why him?" Jim looked hurt, deep in his eyes, you could tell. "Out of everyone! You choose the one person I hate most in the world!"

"Sherlock could have asked me the same thing when you and I went on dates... call it a roll reverse," Moriarty scowls and looks away. "Don't scowl, you wanted this talk and not everything goes your way," Jim turns back to you with a glare. "Exactly how did you see this going?"

"Like this," Jim grabs your waist and pulls you close, kissing you sweetly. After a moment of shock you slowly melted into the kiss, wrapping your arms around his neck he pulls you off the back of couch and against the wall. The moment you kissed back Jim was quick to deepen the kiss, tilting his head until you smiled into the kiss. It felt so wrong... you went on dates with Sherlock, genuine dates, but here you were kissing his rival in his office, not stopping it at all.

"J-Jim-" you stuttered as he placed soft kisses on your neck. He quietly hushed you and continued to leave marks across your skin. Biting back a moan he grinned and pulled back.

"You're mine," he growled into your ear. Gulping, you nod. He then looks into your e/c eyes and smirks. "Remember that, my darling," he lifts your chin slightly and caresses your face.

"Y/n! Let's go! I'm going to miss my show!" Charlie yells urgently from the hall. Jim gives your one last kiss before handing you your things and opening the door.

"Goodbye, my darling," he places a hand on the small of your back and ushers you out before closing the door.

~~~

"Y/n?" You hum and look up from the files you and Sherlock were sorting through for a case. "Are you alright?" You give a quick nod. A little too quick. "Don't lie to me," he sits down by your side and lifts your chin. "What wrong?"

"It's nothing," you give a soft smile making him nod and kiss your forehead.

~~~

Letting the last victim fall to the ground you wipe away a splatter of blood from your cheek. Bending down you take the file you were looking for from the mans arms. He did say he'd guard it with his life...

"Did you get it?" You stand back up and hold up the file. Jim grins and flips through it. "You are brilliant," he plants a kiss on your hand before walking out by your side.

~~~

"Sherlock, John is coming to drop Rosie off in 15 minutes," you inform the detective. You pour hot water from the kettle into the mug and stir. A pair of arms wraps around your waist making you giggle.

"15 minutes huh? Plenty of time then..." Sherlock places a soft kiss on your neck making you blush.

"Plenty of time for what exactly, Mr Holmes?" You pour some milk into the mug and sip at the tea.

"You know exactly what," he whispers into your ear.

"I would but my tea would get cold," he groans as you move out his arms. Kissing him softly in the cheek you sit in his chair and grin.

~~~

"Should we?" You look to Moriarty who had a sinister smile on his face.

"I'm not sure... he did give us what we wanted," The consulting criminal gestures to the briefcase. "Give him 5 seconds to run," you nod and start to count.

"1..." the man bolts upwards and dashed away to the exit of the warehouse. "2..." he reaches the door and pries it open. "3..." the door slams shut. "4..." your grin widens. "5..." you hear a gunshot from outside and sigh. "Poor man, he had cat to take care of," walking away to the exit Jim grins and catches up.

~~~

"I can't believe this-" you sink further in your chair as officers searched through the flat. "Who was it this time?"

"Anderson," Greg answers, you shoot a glare to the forensic scientist.

"Don't look at me like that you psycho," he snarls. You scoff in offence and cross your arm as Sherlock stood up from his spot and grabbed Anderson by his collar.

"Don't call her that," he growls, pushing Anderson out the room. Greg held back a sigh as you smiled at Sally who scowled.

~~~

"How long will you keep this up for?" Ally says, peering over her book to look at you.

"Keep what up?" You unglue your eyes from your phone and look at Ally who rolls her eyes.

"The whole Sherlock and Moriarty shenanigan! You are literally going behind both their backs to meet with the other, Y/n, this isn't fair, not to you and definitely not to them," chewing at your lips you look around the room before sighing.

"Yeah... yeah, you're right..."

"You need to tell them you don't want either of them or choose one," closing your eyes you lean your head back and nod. "Find the right time though..." giving another nod you get back to your phone. Thoughts of the two men at the back of your head.

~~~

Damn- anyways...

- Anna ❤️