Chapter 15 - Regret

"Bed time?" Rosie groans and shakes her head. "Come on, we already watched a movie, Rosie,"

"No bed!" She screams, hiding under the table. Chuckling, you pull her out and cradle her in your arms. "Rosie not tired!" She ends the sentence with a yawn, contradicting herself.

"Oh, I think bed time is necessary, young lady," she frowns and curls up in your arms.

"Rosie not... tired..." closing her droopy eyes you move to the bedroom as Sherlock picks up the toys from today.

"I think you are," poking her nose she lets out a half awake giggle, wiping away a small stain of food from the corner of her mouth you place her in Sherlocks bed. "Goodnight, Rosie," she replies with a mumble before drifting off deeper into sleep. Leaving the door slightly open you walk back into the living room to see Sherlock passed out on the sofa. "Lazy," cleaning up the rest of the mess you then placed a blanket over Sherlock. Going to take your leave you let out a large yawn.

"You're too tired to drive," Sherlock says from the couch.

"I'll take a cab," you reply quietly.

"Or stay," Sherlock mumbles making you blush. "Please?" You chuckle and nod.

"You sound like a child, you know?" He hums as you sit across the couch and lean against your hand.

"Come on, N/n,"The detective mumbles, he groggily pulls you to his side and into his arms making you crimson. Feeling the  warm blanket now over the both of you, you relax and cuddle up against the detective.

"Goodnight, Sherlock," you say softly as the detective wraps an arm around your waist.

"Goodnight, Y/n,"

~~~

John quickly runs up the stairs looking slightly disheveled from the shifts. Looking around the flat he sees two figures sleeping on the couch together. A gentle smile places itself on Johns lips as he walks to Sherlocks room and picks up his little girl. Rosie doesn't seem to wake as he walks to the living room and grabs the bag of things he had left for her.

"Adorable," he chuckles at you and Sherlock happily sleeping in each others arms. Quietly walking down the stairs you seem to stir in your sleep only for Sherlock to mumble.

"It was just John," giving a light nod you drift back into sleep.

~~~

Glancing around the sunlit room you shift to the side only to feel Sherlock missing. Raising a brow you look around and see a note on the coffee table.

Lestrade called, new case, see you soon.

- SH x

A light blush fills your cheeks as you grin madly. Collecting your things you walk out the door, a slight skip in your step.

~~~

"She has arrived!" The moment you step in the front door you see Charlie pretend to worship you. "So? How was it?"

"How was what?" You narrow your eyes at Charlie who grins.

"The sex!" Ally snorts at the Cheshire's comment which made you crimson.

"We didn't have sex," you grumbled.

"Oh... blue balled by the virgin," sending a death glare to Charlie she squeals and holds up her hands. "Kidding... kinda," rolling your eyes you make yourself a cup of coffee.

"So what was the emergency?" Ally looks up from her phone.

"Sherlock was just bored," placing a spoonful of sugar in your coffee you sit on the couch.

"Mhm, was he a good kisser?" Deadpanning to Ally she chuckles. "Was he?" Silence passes through the room until you sigh and answer.

"Yeah..." Charlie giggles and sits down beside you. "But we were interrupted by John and Rosie... we had to take care of Rosie all afternoon,"

"Is that why you stayed over?" You give a short nod before turning on the Tv. "Did he take the couch like a gentlemen?" You lower your head making Charlie grin.

"We... we both slept on the couch-" Charlie squeals and slaps her hand on your back making you wince.

"CUTE!" You glare daggers into the bright girls eyes making her whimper and scoot away. Sitting in silence and watching the news you eventually finish your coffee.

"Well, I need a shower," you place down your empty mug. "I'll be out soon,"

~~~

Scattered across the messy study, a figure loomed over files and pictures. A grin plastered on his face. Reading through more evidence he places on a pair of headphones and presses the play button of the recording. An audio file plays:

"Y/n... are you the queen of hearts?" Silence and sigh escapes you mouth.

"Yes... but let me explain,"

A soft smile is given off from the man as he presses stop on the recording. Leaning back in his chair he chuckles. "She's gonna regret ever hurting me," Harry runs his finger over a picture of you. "She's gonna regret everything..."

~~~

Beep boop bop! Hope this is ok!

- Anna ❤️