Chapter 18 - First date

Now in your comfy apartment, you plop down on the sofa and groan at the soft cushioning. Taking in the delightful smell of anything but sweat and blood from petty criminals you stare up at the ceiling.

"So are you going on that date?" Charlie peers over the couch along with Ally.

"Not a date, just a hang out,"

"You sound like a kindergarten girl denying her crush because of the infamous cooties," smacking Charlie with a pillow she laughs her head off.

"You have to thank him though, he did help out," You look at Ally in confusion. "Oh yeah, Mr Holmes and Mr Moriarty worked hand in hand to get you out, Red,"

"They what?!" You sit upright almost hitting Charlie in the head.

"Mhm, apparently the moment Sherlock found out about your arrest he was quick to phone Moriarty," your eyes widen as Ally went on. "The two met up and discussed plans... honestly it was funny to watch from a distance!"

"I think they pulled guns on each other twice!" Charlie giggles making you deadpan to her. "What? We were watching from a roof! We couldn't interfere... that much..."

"What do you mean... that much?" You narrowed your eyes as Charlie chuckles nervously.

"Charlie threw a can of soda between the two, which exploded in their faces and drenched them," smacking Charlie on the head she grins.

"I'm so glad Seb didn't get hit," she says dreamily. "Can't say the same for the blogger," she walks over to the fridge and takes out a pudding cup.

"Anyways... they talked it out and sorted everything out quickly, and boom here we are!" Ally claps her hands as you sat shocked and confused. She pats your back and takes out her phone. "I'm ordering Mexican because I'm too tired to cook, do you want your usual?" Ally was met with silence. "I'll take that as a yes,"

~~~

Zipping up your boots you take a last glance at yourself in the mirror. You wore an off the shoulder maroon top and a black skirt, with your hair in half up style. Smiling you grab your purse and walk out, Charlie wolf whistling when you enter the living room.

"Ready for that date?" You roll your eyes and grab your keys.

"Not a date," Ally hums sarcastically and waves you goodbye as you shut the flat door.

~~~

Taking in a deep breath you knock on the flats door. You hear footsteps approach nervously making you smile. It opens to reveal Sherlock looking like a nervous teenage boy.

"May I come in?" You say after a few seconds of silence. He blushes and stutters out a 'yes'. Placing your coat on the hanger you stop to see a small picnic blanket at the centre of the room, two plates of food and wine glasses perfectly placed on an ankle high table, two cushions for you to sit on. A few candles were set around the dimly lit flat making you smile.

"Is it... good?" Turning to Sherlock with a smirk he nervously fiddles with his fingers.

"Mr Holmes... was this emergency really just a date?" You tease making Sherlock blush.

"W-was it not obvious?" You chuckle lightly.

"I'm only teasing..." placing down you bag you sit down. "I think it's perfect," Sherlock lets out a quiet sigh of relief. "Now... the question is... did you cook or did you order take out?" Sherlock smiles and sits in front of you.

"I cooked... with Mrs Hudson's help of course..." grinning you take your fork and twirl a good amount of pasta on it. Moving away your hair you take a bite and moan at the taste.

"This is amazing!" You could see the thankful look in the detectives eyes as he poured a glass of wine for you.

"Lovely weather we're having," he says nervously making you chuckle. "What?"

"It was pouring with rain an hour ago,"

"Well some people may like that..." you grin and narrow your eyes at detective who shifted slightly.

"You're evidently nervous,"

"A-am not," he stutters making you raise a brow in success. "So what if I am?"

"There's no need to be," making a quick deduction your grin widens. "Is this your first date?" He goes to answer but you cut him off. "I mean as in a genuine date and not for a case or with John," he frowns.

"I'm not gay,"

"First time you've corrected someone," you sip at the wine holding back a smile as Sherlock pouts.

"Fine... how do you do... this?" He gestures to everything.

"For starters... you eat your food before it gets cold," he blushes and picks up his fork. "Secondly, you need to relax, enjoy yourself," he nods and starts to eat. "So, tell me about your newest case," he swallows his food and nods.

"Well, it's quite an odd one,"

~~~

After dinner ended you helped Sherlock clean up the picnic of sorts, finally setting eyes on the absolutely spotless kitchen. You admitted you have never seen the table clean before. Finally done with everything you and Sherlock decided on a movie, cuddling up together on the couch and under a blanket. The night went on and you were glad, you had an amazing time. Noticing the time you yawn and look up at Sherlocks who's eyes drooped slightly.

"It's 3 in the morning," you mumble against Sherlocks chest. He hums and shuts off the TV. "I should-" letting out another yawn you close your eyes. "I should go to bed..." Sherlocks stands up picks you up bridal style, you letting out a sleepy squeal.

"You can stay here tonight," he places you on his bed and takes out a shirt many sizes too big for you. "I don't think those will be..." he yawns and hands over the grey shirt. "Very comfortable," he finishes off his sentence. Taking out his own pajamas he stumbles to the bathroom and changes as you do. Curling up in a ball beneath the covers Sherlock walks in and moves you to the other side of the bed. "My side,"

"Whatever," you grumble with a grin as he turns off the lights. Moving close to the detective you feel his arm wrap around you. "Goodnight, Sherlock,"

"Goodnight,"

~~~

Yet again I am very tired!

- Anna ❤️