29. Hope found

"It's 7:24, hopefully we're not late." You pant as you wait for the elevator of your apartment complex to reach your floor.

"How is he in your apartment??" Jungkook shakes his head, still confused.
"Maybe he's dangerous?"

You bite your lip. You really don't know.

The elevator finally reaches your floor and you both sprint out. You keep running until you reach your apartment.
Fumbling with the keys, you unlock the door and rush to the living room.

No ones here.
"Are you sure you saw him here?" Jungkook asks, looking around.
You nod your head.

"Yeah. He was right here." You pout pointing to the brown sofa.

"He probably left." Jungkooks sighs as he crashes onto the couch.
You sit down too with a groan.

"We ran all the way here for nothing." You moan.
After a few moments of silence Jungkook turns to you and clears his throat.

"I've been trying to come up with a way to ask you... but... I was wondering...where we stand?..." he trails off.

"What do you mean?" You ask, tilting your head to him.

He stares as his hands. "Are we... together?" He asks in a small voice.
Despite everything, that makes you smile.

You lean over and gently kiss his cheek.
He whips his head towards you, ears red and wide-eyed.

You fight a blush as you nod. "I thought we already were..." you smile.

Jungkook grins as he comes dangerously close to you. Just as he was about to kiss you, you hear the front door unlock.

Jungkook pulls away and stands up.
"Hello?" He calls out nervously.

Then, a boy with dark red hair pops his head through the doorway.

"... wrath?" He says.

Jungkook gasps.
"H-how...?"

The boy comes into frame and places a bag on the table as you get up too.

"It's already started." He says matter of factly.

You're at a loss for words. It's usually you on the other end, revealing shocking things to the kids from Orcus.

"I know you're confused and shocked but don't be afraid. I'm Jung Hoseok. Greed." He calmly announces.

"H-how..." you mumble.

"My power is memory. I remember every single detail of anything I see and when I unlocked my powers a couple of weeks ago, I regained childhood memories. They're so vivid." He says glancing off.

"You remember everything?" Jungkook questions.

Hoseok smiles sadly.
"Like it was yesterday. I remember all of us playing in the garden of Zaris. I remember my parents putting me in the pod. The crash in the mountains... how I was so lost and alone." 
Hoseok blinks tears away.

"It must have been tough for you guys too. The pods were designed to land undetected so we were pretty much left to wander around and find people to help us." He shakes his head and looks down.

"How did you find me? And break in?" You ask.

"Sorry about the intrusion by the way. I started looking for you a week after I unlocked my powers, it took ages to find your new name." He sighs.
"I was waiting outside for hours but you never came. Your neighbours were giving me funny looks so I unlocked the door with telekinesis. After awhile of waiting in here, I thought it would be better if I introduced myself with gifts."

He points to the bag. "I brought food."

"But why her?" Jungkook questions, sitting back down on the couch. You motion Hoseok to sit too and he pulls a chair from the dining table to sit.

"She's Pax so I knew you'd have visions about Orcus. It wouldn't be too weird if I found you. But since you've found Wrath... I'm guessing you want to reunite all of us?" He laughs.

You look to Jungkook who has the same stricken expression.
"She found all of us Hoseok... not because it would be fun or whatever...but because Luhan is coming."

Hoseok audibly gasps and gets up.
"Luhan? Luhan Sacious? How? How did he find us?" He asks to himself, walking back and forth.

"Yes. He spoke to me in my dreams..."

He stops suddenly.
"The tracker." He looks at you suddenly.
"On Orcus there's a device that can locate all Orcian energies. When we unlocked our powers, we must have emitted a copious amount of energy... Someone must've wired it to find the furthest one. He pinpointed our exact location in the milky way... but who did it?..."

"My sister..." you start, grabbing his attention. "Luhan said she created a device. She also told me herself that she's a creator and an alchemist."

"She's alive?...but how?" Hoseok asks.

"Luhan kept her alive. She's the last from the family of the council." Jungkook replies.

Tears form in Hoseoks eyes.
"My parents... my cousins... everyone's dead?"

You nod sadly. Hoseok limps back onto the chair.

"Hoseok, since you remember everything from Orcus, is there any way we can stop him from coming to earth?"

Hoseok thinks deeply.
"Someone would need to kill every other sin to gain their energy..." he mumbles but you shake your head.

"There needs to be another way." Jungkook pleads.

Hoseok thinks again then his eyes light up.
"I think there might be..."

You lean forwards.
"Tell us."

"He wanted us to unlock our powers, that's why he came to you in your dreams so he can track all of us down with the device...."

"Yeah and?" Jungkook pushes.

"If we go to a big open field, all eight of us, he'll land there and we can offer him our powers, we'll live and he'll have all of our energies."

Jungkook scoffs. "You're crazy. You want us to just give him the power he wants?!"

Hoseok shakes his head.
"He killed our parents one by one instead of gathering them up and killing them in one swoop. Do you know why?"

You both shake your heads.

"It's because a body can not take all of that power at once." Hoseok finishes.

"... so if we give him all of our powers at once, he won't be able to take it all? What happens then?"

Hoseok gets up and smiles.
"Luhan will die."

Please vote, comment and share <3