Chapter 19

"Why didn't you tell us that you have a boyfriend?!" The lady said furiously.

"You are not allowed to date! Why didn't you follow the rules?!" The man in mid-40s added.

"You just started and now you've made a mess!" The other man said loudly.

Chenle was sitting at one of the chairs in the conference room, he was looking down at the floor and he did not dare to look at them. They were all scary and mad. When he entered the conference room a while ago, the people inside looked in stress and furious at the same time.

Manager Ari texted him that Mr. Lee Sooman was here, but the founder was nowhere to be found. Manager Ari also was nowhere to be found here, where in fact he should be here because he was Chenle's manager.

Where's Mr. Lee? I didn't want to be eaten alive here. Chenle screamed inside.

Chenle knew it was wrong but he and his family already negotiated with Mr. Lee and he wanted Mr. Lee to tell it to them personally. He didn't want them to think that Mr. Lee had favoritism inside the company.

Chenle was fidgeting in his seat when the door opened, then, Mr. Lee and Manager Ari entered.

Manager Ari looked so serious while Mr. Lee looked so relaxed like there's no dating scandal that had happened and everyone around was seeing rainbows and butterflies.

Manager Ari went to seat beside Chenle.

"Why he looks so fine?" Chenle asked the manager. "Why are you late?"

"Well, we talked to Cispatch," Manager Ari answered calmly.

They talked to Cispatch? What does that mean? Chenle asked himself.

"So what're we gonna talk here?" Mr. Lee asked them as he sat pretty in his seat. "I'm having a body massage when you called me to come here as soon as possible. This should be important or else..."

"Chenle was caught in a dating scandal! I knew it was wrong to debut him early but you insist. He obviously doesn't know what to do and what not to do!" The lady said like Chenle wasn't there and wasn't listening to everything she had said.

"We have to do something to cover this up!" The man in his mid-40s added.

"We can deny this, right? We can release a statement that says that it was just his friend or something?" The other man added.

Mr. Lee placed his hand under his chin, evidently thinking. "Hmm... Entertain me with your ideas."

Chenle looked at Manager Ari worriedly as he saw Mr. Lee acting weird. Chenle mouthed, "What's with Mr. Lee?"

But Manager Ari just shushed him and mouthed, "Calm down. Mr. Lee has this in control."

Manager Ari caressed Chenle's back to help the younger calm down, but it wasn't effective. How can he calm down in this kind of situation? The whole office was mad and panicking and then there's Mr. Lee Sooman chilling in his seat.

"We should deny it! That kid won't say anything to the public, right? Or if he plans to say it to public then we can bribe him," The man in his mid-40s suggested, referring to Jisung as the kid.

"Yes, deny! We should deny it!" The lady agreed. "We can say that they are just friends."

The other man shook his head, "No, that won't do. Cispatch already revealed some photos of them together, so, if we deny it the public will view us as liars. We can say that they already broke up."