5. Annabeth (edited)

My face was still hot as I ascended the stairs up to the 3rd floor. I was only on floor 2 when I saw Riley and Stacey looking worried. I had forgotten about them, they were probably wondering where I was.

"Hey," I said, dragging out the 'eyyyy'. "How's everyone doing?" They both looked at me.
"Annabeth Chase! We thought you had been KIDNAPPED!" Stacey screamed at me. In the middle of the stairwell. At night time. I flinched as she stepped closer to me. I closed my eyes and waited for the sting of a slap to the cheek.

It didn't come. Instead, I got 2 sets of arms embracing me in a bone crushing hug. "Oh my gosh, Annabeth if you dare scare me like that again. I will be forced to slaughter you personally." She started to laugh and it tickled my earlobe.

"So, where were you then?" They stepped back and crossed their arms over their bodies.

"In the kitchens," if I gave them a short answer, maybe they would drop it. Wrong.
"Why?" She sounded serious now.
"Food," I was still holding on to the short answers.
"With who," her smirk suggested she knew exactly who.
"Myself," I lied, gracefully turning away from them to hide the smile I had proud on my face.
"Okay, fine. You don't have to tell us. I'm sure that it wasn't Perseus personal guard scouring the whole castle for him a few minutes back," I froze. I had got him in trouble.

A loud clap sounded behind me. I turned quickly and saw the girls hands falling back to their sides. "Gotcha! Now come on, we want to hear about it. I hope it was good. I don't want you leaving us just yet."

We walked up the stairs to my room and I plonked down on the bed. There was a single blue smudge on the hem of my dress where the apron stopped.

I recounted the story to them both quickly, I decided to miss out that he had heard me singing. That would have been rather embarrassing. "And then I left the room and found you guys on the stairs," I finished. 

Riley jumped up off the bed, running towards the door that they go through every night. She stopped as she was reaching for the handle; she nodded at Stacey and then disappeared through the door.

Stacey and I waited for about two minutes until the door flew open and Riley burst through with her hands full slips of paper. One of them fell on to the floor and i recognised it as the picture I had submitted with my form on my laptop.

"This is all the girls here," Riley started "let's play a game."

Riley explained the 'game' as she had said. You would pick five girls each round to leave and then whichever ones you had in commons with the other 2 people playing had to leave.

"Annabeth?" She called, asking for my five girls.
"Drew, Mila, Nikita, Lacey and Natalie. Stacey?"
"Ashley, Roma, Lacey, Aimee and Jade. Riley?"
"Lacey, Drew, Roma, Aimee and Rachel," both me and Staceys heads turned at Rachel. Rachel was nice to everyone.
"Why?" I said, I quite liked Rachel.
"I don't know, her vibe is off," all of us burst out laughing at that. We had been here for 2 days and she had already decided her 'vibe was off'

We played this game and laughed for hours on end, until it was around 5:30 and we decided it was pointless to go to sleep. I would have to be out of bed in literally 30 minutes.

Riley and Stacey left through the door that led to what I assumed was their room and emerged again with 4 cans of red bull and a bucket load of snacks.

There was a tv in the corner of my room that I hurriedly turns on while Riley made a fort and Stacey was opening packets of candy and popping drink cans.

Their was a blanket over the two plush chairs that had been moved to be around 6 feet away from each other. Riley was led down on the left of the fort thing and Stacey was on the right, both with bowls of snacks and energy drink in front of there faces.

I grabbed the remote off my bedside table and climbed under the blanket to go in the middle of the 2.

We decided on Dirty Dancing and clicked play to the movie.

By the time the movie was finished, the whole snack haul had been finished and we were still wide awake which was good.

It was like 7:00 now and we decided to start getting ready for breakfast at 8:30.

The dress I chose today was a dark blue and reached to the bottom of my thighs. The top was sort of shimmery and the bottom poured out into a small skirt.

I changed and it was 7:30, I let the girls go and get changed and went to settle down with a book

That was, until, there was a knock on my door sending me jumping from my little reading bubble.

I opened the door and saw Perseus standing there. "I wanted to apologise for last night, it was irresponsible of me and I could have got you in trouble. It was fun though, right?" On the last sentence, he jarred forward and turned to look behind the door frame and whispered "don't you push me,"

"Thank you, your highness," I said, adding my very own wink at the end. "And, thank you Jason. I appreciate you getting him to apologise." I shouted to behind Perseus' frame.

The prince was smiling and holding back a laugh. "I'll see you at breakfast," i said, he nodded. As I was closing the door, I heard him say "I told you she would see right through it."

I knocked on Riley and Staceys door to let them know I was going to breakfast.

I left the room and went down to the dining hall. I wasn't late this time, which was good. I'm fact, I was one of the earliest. I arrived at my usual seat near the head of the table and took a seat as Piper sat opposite me.

"Hey!" I greeted waving at her from across the table. "Hi Annabeth, are you excited to see which girls are going home today?" My stomach flipped, what if I was sent home, I would have to deal with the comments and everything from Helen.

I hadn't told any of them I was leaving. Dad probably hadn't noticed and the boys were probably messing up my room. Helen was probably grateful.

"Umm, yeah. I just, forgot about that,"

She looked at me as the royals walked in. They walked to there seats and the princes eyes scanned the table.

When his sea green eyes locked on mine, his smile brightened. He passed me a wink and then continued walking towards his seat.

When they were seated and everyone had given announcements, a chef brought me a plate of pancakes, blue.

I shot Perseus a look, he just shrugged at me and shook his head. His plate and the same pancakes on them. He was currently drowning them in maple syrup.

"Perseus, your drowning them," I scolded quietly.
"I'm not stupid enough to drown, and neither are my pancakes." He whispered back, laughing.

We ate breakfast and I returned to my room. When he had decided, the prince would be announcing the girls who are leaving today. What if my vibes were off. I felt sick to my stomach.

Word count: 1277
Hi! I was going to leave this one until I got back from camping, but I just wanted to post it. This was written finished in the car on the way lol. Anyway, vote, comment and hope you enjoyed.
9/6/20