16. Percy

"Oh, Percy," she uttered, her arm started to outstretched before she was pulled back by the black bandanas.

"Cmon, Annie," one of the rebels spat, Annabeth shot a glare at the guy, "we've got some people who we want you to meet,"

There was a grimace in her face, I wasn't sure if it was from the name or the dread. She looked at me again before turning to them.

"Why are you taking me?" She thrashed against the rebels. "I'm 2 days away from being eliminated,"

"What?" No way. She realised that no one else calls me Percy, right? That I made my mom make blue cookies so I could share then with her?

"What are you on about, Annabeth?"

"NO TALKING!" One of them shouted, hitting me around the head.

Annabeth scowled, I had to repress a laugh. Her mouth was pressed into a straight line, her eyebrows raised and her nostrils flared.

We walked for what seemed like hours. It was quiet. Whenever we saw someone, they would release us and begin to laugh.

We were smart enough not to scream but I could see the cogs moving in her head, like a well oiled machine. I was more of a well oiled machine that was around 10 years old. Works well but sometimes needs a bit of extra prompting.

"Of course, your highness. I'm sure the town will be lovely today," the man let go of my arms and the hands clutching Annabeth's wrists did the same.

I turned my head and saw two maids standing near us.

"We're heading to town, please notify Queen Sally," maid 1 nodded and smiled, scurrying off with the other girl tow.

Seizing our limbs again, we started off.

Soon enough, we had left the castle. The silence between me and annabeth made it hard to communicate but in the harsh grip of the rebel, she was smiling.

Well, not smiling. But a ghost of a smile spread across her face. Her eyes lit up slowly and flicked around my face until the met with my eyes.

I don't really know what happened, but an understanding passed between us. An understanding that neither of us were leaving without the other. An understanding that we would fight together.

I nodded and it was as if she was explaining the whole plan to me. I knew that she would kick her foot up and hit her captor in the face and I was to do the same. I knew that we were not going to run away, instead hit them with all we had.

Instantaneously, our plan failed. She kicked her leg up, but the man caught it. Same for me. I heard her silently mutter curses and then, we fought.

I kicked my detainer in the groin and his hands freed me; Annabeth didn't look like she needed any help. Her guy was on the floor and looked about to cry.

I quickly brought my leg around the back of bandana guy one and he ended up on the floor with his hands above his head.

I placed my foot on his chest and shifted some of my weight to that foot. I was about to jump onto him and punch when a swift punch knocked him unconscious.

Annabeth stood triumphant over the two unconscious bodies on the lawn, their faces bruised and her knuckles bloody. "Good fight, we should spar sometime," she said simply before taking my hand and running.

Too bewildered to even remember my way back to the castle, I followed her.

When I had come out of my dream like state, I realised we were not on our way to the castle.

"Percy, I need you to trust me on this. Okay?" She asked as she led me into a wood, as if reading my mind.

"Where are we?" The trees reached up and only let single needles of sunlight shine onto the ground.

"My spot," she said directly and took another turn.

I trusted her, so I kept walking. A large tree came into view, pine with golden tinsel, like it had been decorated for Christmas.

"Annabeth, what is this?" I flittered my eyes through the trees to check for traps but came up with nothing.

Instead of answering, she found a foot hold in the tree and started to climb. Of course I followed her, I wasn't about to miss some good old tree climbing with Annabeth after we'd basically just killed two guys. Well she did anyway.

At the top of the tree, instead of plain old branches, was weapons. Like actual weapons.
Bronze swords, daggers, bows an arrows. It was a army man's dream!

"Woah! What is this?" I picked up a arrow and she quickly confiscated it from my grip.

"My spot," she placed the arrow down near a small sign. 'Annie's spot'

It had obviously been carved professionally. The thing that caught me off was the small scrawl at the bottom. It had been carved lightly, small and shallow, like a child had written it.

& Luke

"Who's Luke?" The question came out before I could stop myself.

Her shoulders noticeably slumped and her head dropped. The bronze spear she had been holding, she deposited the the ground.

"Old friend." She replied shortly and turned the sign around, so it was just a plain proactive of wood with a line of string.

"Ok," I left subject alone and alternatively turning my attention to the sword she had just handed me.

"An-kas.... alikad..." I tried to pronounce the Greek writing on the hilt. It meant riptide, something I recalled from my former Greek lessons at the camp I attended.

"Anaklusmos," Annabeth corrected.

"Riptide." I said.

"Yep. The sword is made for you Percy,"

"Nice." The conversation was awkward, like we were strangers.

"Percy," she sighed and turned it face me properly. "There is something I need to tell you,"

"Okay, what is it Wise Girl?" I was worried, I tried to mask it in my tone but it didn't exactly work.

"Well-"

A laugh shook the forest, she grabbed my arm and pulled me down. We were crouching and the laughing continued on.

It echoed around the forest and bounced of the trees.

"We know your in here!" The same voice shouted.

"Oh come on!" She whispered, and we stood with our new weapons drawn.

word count: 1075
Sorry for the short chapter :/ didn't really have much time to write recently. It was my dads anniversary recently so yeah.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 300 READS. I THINK I MIGHT ACTUALLY CRY! Thank you! You don't understand how much this means to me!

Anyway, vote comment and whatever, happy reading!

15/8/20