20. Annabeth

"DREW! WHERE ARE YOU TAKING HER? THIS WASN'T PART OF THE DEAL!" Luke screamed from the other end of the hall.

"Oh, hush Luke. I'm just trying to despise of our excess."

"I am not excess, I-" I started to protest but her grip on my arm tightened and Luke eyed her white knuckles.

"Be quiet Annabeth." He snapped. I shut my mouth accordingly and Drew took the chance of silence to run down the hall with me in her arms.

"TANAKA! BRING HER BACK NOW!"

"Oh crap." Drew dropped me to the floor, twisting my ankle on the way and ran back down the corridor the way we came.

I followed where her widened eyes had just been staring and stood there was........

A scrawny teenage boy?

In both hands he wielded a huge orange sword. It was probably bigger than me for gods sakes.

"Annabeth. Here." He switched the weight of his massive sword from both hands to just his right motioned to me with his free hand.

I questioned to myself how he knew my name and as if reading my mind he uttered "Earlier the boy, he called you Annabeth,"

I ducked behind him and stared up at the sword that could flatten me in a second.

"Where is the prince." His questions were short and the exact opposite of sweet as I led him through the corridors and he pushed me behind corners and scanned the halls.

When we reached the room I had left Percy in, he was crumpled up on the floor.

"Perseus, ev-" the boy started loudly until I cut him off by shoving a hand over his mouth.

"Shh." I removed my hand from his mouth and slowly walked towards Percy.

His eyes were screwed shut and his hands tucked under his chin like al child.

"Perce. Percy? Seaweed Brain?" I whispered softly into his ear and shook his arm.

He opened his eyes a crack and let out a sigh of relief.

"Annabeth, I was having a dream about you. We were very young, like 11. You were telling me about how you always have a plan and-"

"Prince Percy, you will need to return with me now. Lady Annabeth, another team are on their way." He bustled through the small cell, making no move to quieten himself.

Suddenly, with the familiar poshness of the castle, the images came flooding back.

Riley and Stacey, on the floor, the state my room was in. I would have to return to all that.

"No. I refuse. If Annabeth isn't coming then I won't be." Percy crossed his arms like he wasn't just sleeping on the floor like a baby.

"Well, I'm sorry Mr Jackson but you can't do that-"

"Oh yes I can! I order you to wait with us until the other team comes because I am not leaving without Annabeth."

"Fine! I will wait outside and guard." He walked out in a huff and stood by the corner of the door.

"Percy, I'm 100% sure the selection will be cancelled so we need to have this conversation."

"What conversation? Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. But I have a confession." This was it. I could do it.

"I know you, Percy." I let out a sigh before continuing on.

"I know the way your smile tilts up on the left side and your right check dimples when you actually find things funny. I know that you own a Christmas jumper, or maybe you don't anymore, that you said you'd never throw away." I scratched my nails on the floor and flinched away from the sound.