9. Annabeth

I once again felt sick to my stomach, he was choosing two more girls to go. I'm not special, I'll be home by tomorrow.

A knock sounded loudly on the door. I opened the door to Jason Grace. This was it, he was going to escort me to the car because I was going home. "Your needed in the Dining Room, something about how your going to forget or something. Piper McLean realised you weren't coming down." He said.

His hair was close cropped to his head and had a single streak running through the side. His eyes were electric blue and looked almost like lighting erupted in the middle of his eyes.

I started to whisper words that probably shouldn't come out of a possible-future-Queen as I ran my hand through my hair. I was late? Really? I swear we were told 2:30pm. I glanced at my clock, 3:06pm. Crap.

"I am so so so so so so sorry," I repeated as I stepped outside the door and looked down at my outfit. I was wearing the dress I had been wearing yesterday but it wasn't dirty so it didn't look bad. "It's okay, just check the time next time,"

We reached the hall and everyone was sat in silence. I was escorted to my seat by Jason and then he left. My cheeks were probably as read as a tomato. Piper looked over the table at me, I thought you were dead she mouthed. I shrugged my shoulders at her and apologetically smiled.

I looked over at the rest of the table and realised they were all watching me.

"Miss Chase?" I heard behind me, "Why were you late?" I slowly turns around, expecting to see the queen stood on the steps behind me. Instead, I got Prince Percy stood there with a lopsided grin and his head resting on his mother's shoulder. "Yeah 'Miss chase', why?"

He was doing this in front of at least 35 girls and his mother, father and step father. He was being rather bold here, I slipped a clumsy curtesy.

"My apologies, I lost track of time," I presented. She nodded and Percy stuck his tongue out at me. The queen slapped him around the head and the table quietly giggled.

"Now, the prince will share with you the girls who will no longer be joining us for the rest of the selection," she said. She had a grin on her face that made the whole room shine.

"Sara Jenkins and Emma Olivia" Percy said while nodding at both the girls as they stood up to leave.

It wasn't me, I wasn't leaving, I wasn't going home to shouts and slaps. I was safe for however long I was here for. Thank the gods.

We were dismissed once again, there was still about 30 girls left and even now I wondered who would be the elites. Obviously I would be gone by then, as there would probably only going to be 5 or 6 girls left and I definitely wouldn't be in those few.

As we were leaving the hall, Piper and another girl who's name I think was Halley caught up with me.

"Oh my gods Annabeth! I thought you were dead," her tone dropped on the last few words making me laugh.

"I apologise for my nonexistent punctuality," I shot back. "Hello, Halley, right?" I directed to the other girl.  "Hazel, actually. Hello," she said, smiling warmly at me.

"So Annabeth, I heard you've been missing from your room quiet a few nights. What's that all about?" Piper chided in as the followed by my side.

"How do you know that, miss gossip?" I asked sarcastically.

"Lucy and Stella, my maids, always talk with yours right in front of me," she replied. That reminds me, I hadn't seen my maids today which is why i was wearing yesterday's dress.

If I had my way, I would be wearing sweats and jeans all the time, but hey, I'm technically property of the castle until after the selections is over.

We chattered and chattered until we reached our rooms and I discovered that Hazel's room was directly next to pipers room.

We all decided to sit in Piper's room, it was a beautiful plain coloured room with white bed sheets. It looked very modern, but also cozy.

Piper advanced towards her bed and plopped down on it. She grabbed her remote from the bedside table and pointed it at the television that I hadn't noticed before. It burst to life and started to blare a song through the speakers.

Piper frantically started to hit the buttons as I shut the door. The whole floor was probably disturbed now, oops.

The tv returned to a regular volume and we settled on the bed or the floor. We flicked through the channels for a while until we found something we agreed on. Harry Potter.

I am a major potter head, and apparently so is Hazel. Piper had never watched any of then so of course we made the sensible decision start on the part 1 of deathly hallows.

While we were about 15 minutes in to the film, just about where the wedding was finishing, an extremely loud knock sounded on the door. We all looked at each other as Piper paused the Tv.

Is it because we were loud? I mouthed to Hazel.
I'm not sure, she mouthed back.
I looked over at piper and she just flicked her eyes between me and the door.
Me? Why?
She just glared at me and I stood up to open the door.

Outside stood Percy, Frank, Jason and Leo. "Hello," I acknowledged quietly.
"Hi! So we were wondering, and by we I mean them, if you wanted to come out with us to the Village?" Leo Valdez was shorter than the rest of them, if Percy was I'd say 6' then he was about 5'8.

I looked back between the girls and they just nodded silently. "Absolutely, we will be with you in less than a minute. Hang on." I said before shutting the door.

"Guys, Percy is asking us out to the village,"

"No, he's asking you out to the village, but he thought it would be awkward for us 2 if he didn't say us too," Hazel piped up.

"Shut up. Let's go." I pulled piper up by the arm and heaved her towards the door. Hazel followed giggling at Piper's 'I'm dead in Annabeth's arm' impression.

I opened the doors again, the boys looked at me bleary eyed as I pushed past them. "Cmon, are we going to not?"

We trudged up endless corridors and hallways until we reached the same door me and Percy had gone out of the other night. I was half expecting the whole set up to be outside, except of course it wasn't.

I looked at the ground and saw a small speck of blue in the grass. Cookie crumbs. I started to laugh. Leo, Jason, Piper, Hazel and Frank were all talking loudly in front.

I grabbed Percy by the arm and pointed at the ground and he started to chuckle. The whole thing was completely gone, except a single crumb. I hadn't realised the others had stopped walking and were watching us wildly laugh at the random spot in the ground.

"Uh, guys?" Piper (ironically) piped up from the crowns in front of us. "You coming?" I instantly jumped away from him and he smiled awkwardly. We followed them and we reached the edge of the village.

Jason and Frank handed out cloaks, are faces were probably all over the news especially Percy's, and we walked down to the village.

Word count: 1289
Hi! Idk what to say rn so, hope you enjoyed. I'm on holiday again lol. See you next time! Peace out✌️
22/7/20