Chapter 23. Bravo Six

Anna

Seven days. We stayed holed up in our room for seven blissful days. We never made it far from each other, nor did we ever manage to put any clothes on. It would have been futile and whatever poor articles of clothing we had donned would have been destroyed. This was a normal thing, the frenzy, the neediness, the pain upon separation. It was the mating bond being fulling accepted and flaring to life. My heart felt like it was going to explode with all the love I had for the man beside me. It was wonderful.

I lay on my back, staring up at the ceiling, my mates head on my shoulder as he traced patterns into my skin.

"What's this?" he muttered into my shoulder, fingers resting gentle on my right side.

"Just a birthmark," I told him, rolling into his arms and wrapping my arms around his neck. "I love you."

His nails raked down my back gently, "I love you too."

My lips just barely brushed against his when there was a tentative knock at the door that connected our bedroom to the Solar. I growled at the intrusion, my mates matching snarl overtaking my own.

There was a squeak from the other side and then the sounds of feet scurrying away. "Probably just a servant," I muttered as I curled further into my mate, arching against him and holding him to me. If I got close enough could I stick him to me permanently?

A few moments later there was another knock, this one louder and more demanding. We both growled again, this time louder to match the tone of the knock.

"Stop growling like animals, you're scaring Bree. Could you pull yourselves out of your sex den for like two minutes? Alec's sister is on the phone and she's making Diego anxious."

Hearing Fred, an unmated male, speak when I was nearby had Alec snarling and hissing like a disgruntled cat. I understood it though, it was in our instinct to protect what was ours. "We will be right out!" I called, regrettably separating myself from him to toss on a blue sike robe. He donned a matching robe that clung to his body, showing every line of muscle. I wanted to tear it off him. Shaking the post-bonding haze from my eyes and forcing my mind elsewhere I went and answered the door.

I threw open the heavy wooden barrier to confront the blond newborn on the other side, snarling at him threateningly. He gave me an unamused look before turning on his heel and walking back into the solar. He plopped down on a couch and picked up the book he was reading. Bree was in the room as well, lounging on the love seat and snorting with laughter as she watch her mate stand awkwardly at the center of the room. Diego looked stressed as a faint yelling could be heard from the phone he held to his ear. At our appearance he glanced up in relief and blurred across the room, holding the phone out like it was a bomb.

Alec took the phone, where the voice-belonging to Jane- was still ranting at a loud volume. It seems she was angry Alec hadn't been answering his phone. That was my fault, I had accidentally crushed it in a rush to get his clothes off him. My own phone was on silent and was somewhere in the room. He held the  device to his ear, "Jane."
The yelling paused for a moment then started back up in vigor, this time in Italian. I giggled as he started speaking in rushed Italian to calm her, walking towards the balcony that jutted over the gardens.

As he shut the glass door behind him he sent me a wink and mouthed 'I love you'. I rolled my eyes and blew him a kiss, turning and walking back to the room, making sure my hips moved just a little bit more than necessary. I could literally feel his eyes on my ass before I entered our room and shut the door behind me.

The bedroom was a shadow of the beauty had been before, utterly trashed by our recent *ahem* activities. The mattress was on the floor, the bed frame was broken in two places. The sheets and the blankets were in shreds, layering the floor like a blanket. Not even the dresser had escaped our attention, being literally crushed into smithereens, wooden splinters everywhere. I laughed lightly, feeling sorry for the poor servants and gladly anticipating seeing Mateo's reaction.