Chapter 11: Five friends and a Mastermind (2/2)

No ones POV
Kokichi fixed Shuichi's hair and wiped the tears left. The detective and the liar walked up to the group who was now gathered around a circular table with a knife on the center.

"W-What's the knife for??" Himiko asked trembling.
"It will probably help uncover the mastermind somehow. Like a trap." Rantaro said.
"I thought it would be used to kill the mastermind." Miu murmured.

The students continued to ask about the knife, and among the confusion there was also fear. After a while Kaede interrupted.

"We are doing something like a class trial."

Everyone looked at her.

"You mean you haven't found the mastermind yet?" Kiibo asked with a worried expression.
"We have. Or at least we are pretty sure of it. We will do this to make sure we are right." Shuichi said.

And so an improvised class trial began. Everyone would talk about the clues the had found and who they linked them to. Everyone was getting more and more intense as they all battled for the truth.

Some of them were getting nervous, like Kiibo and Kaito. Some others were scared they would be incriminated, like Himiko, Miu and Kirumi. And some were more worried about their safety, like Rantaro, and Gonta.

Then, suddenly, Shuichi grabbed the knife and raised it. He was trembling in fear.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! PUT IT BACK Y-YOU DEGENERATE!" Tenko shouted at Shuichi.

He then walked back a few steps, everyone staring at him in horror. Even his friends.

"Sidekick! Calm down, no one must get hurt." Kaito said walking slowly towards him.

The navy haired boy pointed the knife at him quickly and Kaito froze. Maki went to defend Kaito but he stopped her. Some screams were heard as Shuichi pointed the knife at different people each second.

"Shuichi!"

The scared detective turned to Kokichi, who was trying to keep himself together. The liar walked up to him carefully as tears formed in the corner of Shuichi's eyes.

"This wasn't part of the plan!" The Supreme Leader shouted. And Shuichi shouted back.
"The plan wouldn't have worked anyways!"
"What do you mean?!"
"I wouldn't have been able to do it!"

Kokichi Jumped over the detective and they were now wrestling for the knife.

"LET ME GO!" Maki screamed as she tried to free from Kaito's hold.
"S-SOMEONE HELP HIM!" Kaede shouted.

Before Gonta could get to them, blood went over the short boy. Everyone stared in disbelief at the scene in front of them.

Shuichi got up and leaned against a wall, staring at the knife in his chest. Kokichi was still in the floor, with the detective's blood all over his clothes.

"I d-didn't mean t-to-"

Before he could apologize, Shuichi fell limp to the floor. Kaito and Maki tan towards them. Maki helped Kokichi up and Kaito checked on Shuichi.

"A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, the class trial will begin!" Monokuma's voice said through the speakers.

Despair filled the room as the liar began sobbing. He lifted the body of his beloved and whispered 'I'm sorry' over and over again.

Nobody knew how to react. Shuichi had threatened many of them earlier, but no one wanted a death. Specially being him.

Monokuma appeared and insisted on hosting a class trial, but Kokichi said it would be useless, as everyone had witnessed it.

The bear explained how if there was no class trial, they would skip to the execution immediately.

"I don't care." Kokichi said.

{A/N}
Word Count: 616
I had to cut there since I wanted Kokichi's execution to have its chapter. Also, don't worry about the Saioma, Shuichi's ok.