Chapter 28: Is this it?

No one's POV
The mastermind, the person behind the killing game, the despair, and the pain was dead. Gone. For good.

So now what? Where would they go? Or, would they even be able to leave?

Everyone went outside, to the courtyard. They still had something they needed to get past with.

The cage keeping them prisoners.

"Now what?"

Everyone came together and started suggesting ways to leave this place. The ideas weren't that bad, but Shuichi doubted they would work.

Then Kiibo slipped something in Miu's hand and walked towards the cage. The other students looked at him curious, but Shuichi remembered something.

The detective ran towards the white haired robot, but he had already taken flight.

"G-Guys get in! Now!" The blue haired boy said  loudly.

The other students started running into the academy with fear and confusion. Some helped the others, like Gonta, who carried Himiko and Ryoma. Or Kaito who lifted Maki. One person stayed in place.

"W-What's going on?!" He asked
"Get in the academy!"
"If I do you'll come with me!"

The small boy extended his hand for his boyfriend to grab, and so he did.

"Kiibo!" The taller male screamed.

Said boy turned to see them, but he wasn't going to listen if they asked him to go back down. He was decided to do this.

"Thank you!" Shuichi said loudly.

Kiibo smiled gently and turned back at the cage. Shuichi who knew how this could end grabbed his boyfriend and took him inside.

They all heard bangs and explosions, and then an extremely loud sound filled everyone's ears, and they all fainted from the light.

When they opened their eyes again, the only building standing was were they were. They got out to see only ashes and debris.

Kiibo was also nowhere to be found.

A few students took some time to process everything and mourn the young robot too.

Shuichi though, he went to see the cage, with one question in mind. And the answer was there indeed.

There was a hole in the cage, but not in the fourth wall. Kiibo and the audience had decided that they would be better off that way. Shuichi felt a shiver go down his spine, but then he felt a warm hand in his, and turned to see the purple haired boy he had grown so attached to.

The smaller male looked at him with a warm smile, and wiped a few tears.

After everyone calmed down, everyone gathered around them and took a step outside.

Into the fictional world. Their fictional world. Normally the detective would be scared, but, he had his friends by his side now.

And that was all he asked for.

——————————————
"I would like some Panta please."
The waiter walked away and the group of friends continued their conversation.

"I'm worried about Miu. We have barely seen her since she left." Kaito said sipping his coffee.
"Isn't she working on a new invention?" Kaede asked.
"I think so."
"Talking bout Miu, where is she?" Rantaro asked.
"I don't know. Maybe she won't even come. Do you guys think she's acting weird because of.. Kiibo?" Kaede asked worried.
"Probably. Kiiboy wasn't that close to me but he was a good person, well, robot."

The others nodded in agreement.

"That was an unnecessary robophobic remark Ouma-Kun."

Everyone's heads turned to the voice, and there they saw them.

Miu and Kiibo.

Without even questioning they all walked over and started saying how they missed him, some started crying. The robot chuckled.

Apparently, he had given Miu his memory chip, since he knew she could re-build him.

The group of friends offered him to sit down with them, and he did.

{A/N}
Word Count: 626