Chapter 16: Outdoor Date

Shuichi's POV
I was sitting on the grass waiting for Kokichi to arrive. We had planned to meet up to talk about what we would do with Kaito.

I'm quite worried. The motive thing could've gone way more wrong than this. And yet we lost the person who helped us stay hopeful.

I clenched the bottle of Panta in my hand, almost squishing it. I had bought it for Kokichi, who apparently would arrive late.

What if the next victim is him? What would happen to him, would he be harmed maybe? Is there only one type of motive? Monokuma said it could be physical and psychological so..

"Saihara-Chan!!" I heard Kokichi say as he ran towards me. He bent over and continued talking, pausing frequently because of his lack of air.
"I'm sorry.. something.... came.. up and.. I-"

I signaled him to breathe in first and to calm down. He did, stood up properly and cleared his throat.

"Something came up, I'm sorry for being late." He finally said.
"It's alright. This isn't some real important meeting or something like that. Just a stroll out here."

Kokichi gave a small but geniune smile. It's cute when he lets me see his true feelings, instead of that facade of his. Then Kokichi gasped and his eyes seemed to sparkle.

"Shumaiiii! You didn't have to!" Kokichi said. I tilted my head in confusion but soon realized what he was talking about.

Before I could even hand the Panta to him he snatched it off my hand. I was a little annoyed at first but then Kokichi started hugging the bottle like a little kid.

"Wow, as a evil Supreme Leader, you're pretty childish." I said between laughing.

Kokichi frowned and opened the bottle. He started chugging the Panta at an amazing speed. He stopped halfway through the bottle.

"Nishishi! I hadn't had one in some time!"
"I can't believed you just chugged half of the bottle in like, 2 seconds. Is that even healthy??"
"Geez Shumai, you sound like Kirumi. Here."

Kokichi gave me the half-drinked Panta. I looked at him, he was staring at me with this creepy smile, like if drinking Panta was part of some iniciation ritual of his. I took a sip and it's actually not bad..

If you avoid the fact that it tastes like if you poured 7 glasses full of sugar into it.

"Annddd~?" Kokichi asked while leaning towards me.
"I think I got diabetes from just one sip."
"Rude." 

We walked around the yard while talking a little. Every time Kokichi came around a bench he would stand on it and put his elbow on my head while we walked past it. Then he'd jump off it and put his arms behind his back.

Later we sat down below a tree. I felt Kokichi's head rest on my shoulder. Did he get tired of playing overactive?

"Do I annoy you?" He asked out of the blue.

I glanced at him, he was just looking at the floor with this annoyed face. Why would he ask that? Did I do something to make him feel like it?

"N-No! Not at all. Why do you ask?"
"Because I like you."

My eyes widened and I could feel that I was blushing. Did he just confess-? Is this part of the plan or not?? We are supposed to be dating, so what's with saying that?

"But that's a lie!" Kokichi said before I could answer.

He got up and yawned.

"Alright. I'm going to my room before night time begins. It was nice to spend time with you, but that's a lie."
"See you I guess.." I said a little annoyed for that last part.

He chuckled and left. I don't know why, but Kokichi seemed somehow nervous today. Did something happen? Or was he just worried for the motives?

Wait.

Tomorrow a new victim will be chosen.. I really need to find a way to escape before someone gets hurt because of those motives.

{A/N}
Word Count: 722
Hey guys! I didn't post yesterday because I was feeling sick. Also, this chapter was just- ehjdvsiduwugwusgsy.
I knew I was bad at fluff, but I didn't know I was that bad!

Maybe it's because the closest I've been to a relationship was in kindergarten.