30, He Returns.

My soul breaks into a billion pieces at the sound of the deep raspy man beside me.

I don't dare open my eyes or move a muscle, it must be a dream.

"Scar, open your eyes. I know you're awake... I can hear your heartbeat." He demands.

I make a break for it. I bolt inside, throwing my chair at the man and locking the patio door as fast as I can.

His cruel eyes stare into me through the glass door, burning a raging hole inside my heart.

"Fuck." I hear Nia's voice behind me, I can detect the fear it contains. Even though I can tell she desperately tried to hide it.

I snap my head around as I listen to Aundray's and Lucy's bedroom doors open. "Stay in your room!" I yell furiously.

"What's going on?" Aundray asks, staying in his place and refusing to enter his room; a look of concern plastering his features. Lucy had already hightailed it back to safety in her room, wisely hiding from my anger.

Aundray is unsatisfied with the lack of answer from Nia and I, and steps away from the spot he stood to gaze out the patio door. I watch as his mouth drops, but is quickly replaced with one of rage.

My vision returns to the man on the patio. If it hadn't been for his voice, I don't think I would have recognized him. His skin still remains a dark, dirty tan, as if he had just spent weeks surfing in the Bahama's. His once short hair is now shoulder length, the jet black waves falling messily across his back. Half of it pinned up into a messy man-bun.

My jaw clenches, no one could deny the attractiveness the man holds. However, that doesn't mean I hate him any less.

I watch as he smirks, showcasing his perfectly straight pearls. We all watch as he pulls the chair I threw at him toward the glass door, and sits on it. His reddish brown eyes gaze in at me.

"We need to talk." He mouths on the other side of the door.

"You're insane if you ever think I would even want to look at you, let alone have a conversation with you, Hunter." I spit viciously, just loud enough for him to hear it through the glass.

"Fine. Let me just call Drake and Silas and we'll force our way in then." Hunter growls at me.

I want to vomit at the mention of their names.

"M-maybe you should go and speak with him... If there's any way to prevent Dra-" I watch Nia as she fights to say his name, fear trembling in her voice. She coughs, trying to get rid of her stutter. "-those men, from coming here..."

She doesn't have to finish, I know exactly what she means. After living with Nia for five years I seem to know everything she thinks before she even says it.

"You're right." I nod to her, smiling. "It'll be okay Nia, grab Aundray and go into Lucy's room."

"I'm not leaving you out here with that fucking animal." Aundray snaps, making his way to me. He passed me in height about two years ago at 14. He's a big boy for his age. He looks down to me, narrowing his eyes as if to dare me to say no to him.

"Fine. Aundray can stay out here." I sigh, turning on my heel toward the patio door. "But, you stay inside and that's final. You can see me through the glass."

Aundray just nods, never taking his eyes off the man sitting on the patio.

I open the glass door, and step calmly in front of Hunter. His eyes watch my every move.

"What would you like to speak about?" I ask impatiently, fidgeting with the hem of my shirt as I look into his pearls.

"I have a proposition for you Scarlett." Hunter smirks, as if he was very pleased to have me in this position... stuck.