The Avatar's Bison

Zuko's POV
During our next shift, uncle poured tea to some wealthy looking men, it was quiet at this time of the day, so I was able to pay attention when they made their way over to uncle.

"So you're the genius behind this incredible brew. The whole city is buzzing about you. I hope Pao pays you well."

Uncle was incredibly humble,

"Good tea is its own reward."

"But it doesn't have to be the only reward. How would you like to have your own tea shop?"

Y/N and I both turned to each other, she grinning with excitement for uncle, he was in disbelief,

"My own tea shop? This is a dream come true!"

Then our boss, Pao ran over to intervene,

"What's going on here? Are you trying to poach my tea maker!?"

"Sorry, Pao, but that's business for you, am I right?"

Pao turned to uncle and begged,

"Mushi, if you stay, I'll make you assistant manager. Wait- senior assistant manager."

The rich man interrupted Pao's grovelling with,

"I'll provide you with a new apartment in the upper ring. The tea shop is yours to do whatever you want, complete creative freedom."

Uncle was in awe,

"I even get to name the shop?"

"Of course!"

Pao continued,

"Uh, senior executive assistant manager?"

Uncle handed Pao the tea pot he was holding and bowed to the man promising him a new tea shop and our old boss groaned. Uncle turned to me excitedly,

"Did you hear, nephew? This man wants to give us our own tea shop in the upper ring of the city!"

"That's right, young man, your life is about to change for the better."

I drearily walked out side muttering,

"I'll try to contain my joy."

I didn't want to build a life here. I didn't care about going to the upper ring. I just wanted to go home, to have my father's love, my throne, my country, my honour.

I leaned against the outer wall of the tea shop and folded my arms.

A piece of paper floated down from above me, it was a missing poster:

The avatar had lost his bison, and he was here in Ba Sing Se.

I felt an indescribable feeling in my stomach, I climbed to the roof of a house and looked around the sky, the avatar had to have been nearby.

But there was no sign of him, only floating pieces of parchment slowly making their way to the ground.

As I climbed down from the building I saw Y/N stood by the door of the tea shop looking around, when her eyes found their way to me she smiled,