The Ember Island Players

Zuko's POV
As I finished training with Aang, Katara asked,

"Doesn't it seem kind of weird that we're hiding from the Fire Lord in his own house?"

I made my way over to sit beside Y/N and ran a towel through my hair,

"I told you, my father hasn't come here since our family was actually happy. And that was a long time ago. It's the last place anyone would think to look for us."

Y/N sighed,

"He's right."

Sokka then ran in with Suki excitedly yelling,

"You guys are not gonna believe this, there's a play about us!"

Suki then continued,

"We were just in town, and we found this poster!"

Sokka held the poster open as Katara approached it,

"What? How is that possible?"

Sokka then started,

"Listen to this: The boy in the iceberg is a new production from acclaimed playwright Puan Tin who scoured the globe gathering information on the avatar. From the icy South Pole, to the heart of Ba Sing Se. His sources include singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage."

Suki finished,

"Brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island players."

I huffed and slumped forward,

"Ugh. My mother used to take us to see them. They butchered "Love Amongst the Dragons" every year."

Y/N chuckled as Katara turned to her brother and asked,

"Sokka, do you really think it's a good idea for us to attend a play about ourselves?"

"Come on! A day at the theatre? This is the kind of wacky, time-wasting nonsense I've been missing!"

In the end, we ended up going to see the play, Toph sat at the end, followed by Katara and then myself and Y/N, Aang scratched the back of his neck,

"Hey, uh, I wanted to sit there."

I pulled down my hood and replied,

"Just sit next to Y/N. What's the big deal?"

"I was just... I wanted to... okay..."

Then he slumped beside Y/N who poked my side and whispered,

"I think that maybe Aang has a thing for Katara."

"Oh? My bad."

Suki and Sokka sat in the row behind us as Toph complained,

"Why are we sitting in the nose bleed section? My feet can't see a thing from up here!"

Katara assured her,

"Don't worry. I'll tell your feet what's happening."

The curtains opened and she show began, as it did I awkwardly placed my arm around Y/N's shoulder, she leaned into me and I felt myself smile as I watched the stage.

I heard Sokka's excitement watching actors playing himself and Katara rowing a boat across the stage.

Katara's actor sighed,

"Sokka, my only brother. We constantly roam these icy South Pole seas and yet never do we find anything fulfilling."

Sokka's actor then responded,