10

C A R T E R | read the room

Okay, so I didn't exactly know what I was saying to Sophia until an hour later. I just remember getting vodka poured on my head and everyone laughing at me.

I was pissed at that point, but Sophia was attractive when she was mad. I finally come to my senses in the car when Chloe is ranting about how badly I treated her.

"You were such an ass, like you should have seen the look on her face, you basically slut shamed her. You need to stop drinking, and you attacked Leo." That brings my head up, now I feel extra bad.

"Look I'm sorry okay." I give Leo an apologetic look but he continues to look out the window. Wow, I really screwed up.

Leo never gets mad.

"Eres tan idiota, tu mama te va a matar cuando le diga." Chloe glares at me from the driver's seat. My eyes widen. She threatened to call my mother, because they are such good friends. Sometimes I'm pretty sure that my ma loves Chloe more than me. 

"Chloe, if you tell mi mama, I'll kill you." I snapped at her. She rolls her eyes. Chloe is tiny but she could definitely kick my ass if she had to. She could kick all of our asses. "Fine, but you have to apologize to Sophia, you embarrassed her so badly." She continues. I look at Hunter but he looks uncomfortable and stays on his phone.

"Wow, tough crowd." I scoff. "Carter, I'm sorry that I tried to get you to hookup with her." Leo finally says, breaking the awkward silence. I nod, "No it's my fault."

"I recorded it, wanna see." Hunter laughs. Everyone yells no at the same time at him. "Jeez okay, calm down. But it is kind of amazing." He continues.

"Oh my god Hunter, read the room." Chloe scolds.

"Okay mom." Hunter says, smirking.

"So you really didn't hook up with her?" Leo sounds like he's back to his usual cocky self. "No for the millionth time. I'm just an ass."

"Preach." Chloe yells and I flip her off.

Chloe then whispers to Hunter something that I can't hear and he starts typing away on his phone. He shows her something on his phone and she nods and jerks the car around and starts driving the other way. "What the fuck are you doing Chloe, you drunk?" I yell. She ignores me.

The GPS locator starts giving directions and even Leo looks confused. "Where the hell are we going?" He asks.

His phone pings and he shuts up. Hunter texted him, letting him know whatever they're doing. I see him eyeing Chloe through the rear view mirror. She gives him a smug smile and he looks down and shakes his head. What... the fuck is happening.

"Okay, will someone say something?" I really hate my friends sometimes.

I hear Hunter give a small chuckle. "Fine, torture and kidnap me for all I care." I throw my hands up in defeat. This night has been shit anyways. Getting murdered by your best friends doesn't sound so bad now.

We pull into this huge neighborhood. All of the houses are far apart from each other. They're so much bigger than mine. The streetlight illuminates them and makes them look like something out of a movie.

"What I wouldn't do to live here." I hear Chloe mutter. I agree. "Damn, I'm not surprised." Hunter scoffs. 

Their out of context comments are so confusing. "Oh my god just tell me!" I exclaim growing incredibly impatient.

"Calm your balls we're here." Chloe points to another huge house to my right. "Whose house is this?"

Chloe has a devilish smile on her face. She turns to Hunter. "Did you know Sophia's family was so rich." My mouth drops open. You have got to be kidding me.