III. 02

Hayden whistled as she made her way towards her father's cave. For once she was alone as she walked; she had convinced Harry that she didn't need protection everywhere she went. It had taken her a while but the pirate grudgingly let her go.

The daughter of Hades stopped in her tracks once she had reached the cave. The metal gates were left open but she could remmeber closing them when she left that morning. Celia was the only other person that could get in but she was back in Auradon.

Slowly, she crept through the door, noticing that the "dog" wasn't barking and that the old rusty bike was no longer by the entrance.

As Hayden continued through the cave, approaching the steps, she could hear voices coming from down below. She quickly descended into the cave, frowning in confusion.

"Let's dance!" she heard her father call out. As she reached the bottom of the stairs, she noticed Celia was next to her and sent her a surprised look. However, before she could ask how she had gotten there, she became distracted by her father shaking a tambourine.

When she turned back to where her dad was, she saw him dancing around a chair with smoke emerging from the floor. Hayden couldn't help but laugh as he continued to passionately dance with the tambourine.

The girl's eyes widened in surprise once again as she saw her father throw the tambourine over the chair. Leaning against one of the wooden pillars was her purple-haired sister.

Hayden looked at Celia once again, her eyebrows furrowed. The younger girl shurrged back before they both turned back to the others.

"I did what I had to do
No, you only did what's best for you"

Mal and Hades began to sing, the latter of the two approaching a platform closer to Hayden, sending her a grin. Mal followed behind, waving the tambourine before throwing it on the floor.

"Well, you could learn a thing or two"

The two continued to sing as Mal approached her father, sending Hayden a wary glance. Hades reached out to Mal, grabbing her arm and pulling her up onto the platform next to him.

"When push comes to shove, you do-"

While they sang, Mal shoved her father. Hades stumbled into the wall while Mal lifted her hand, examining her nails.

"When push comes to shove, you do-"

Hades walked back to Mal, shoving her back with his hip as they continued to sing.

"When push comes to shove
You do what you gotta do"

Both Mal and Hades sang as they grabbed each other's hands, pushing each other. They then spun around, standing back-to-back.

"Please" Mal complained as Hades began to mimic the sound of a crowd cheering, holding his hands up to his face. Mal rolled her eyes at this while Hayden smiled.

"Do you wanna make up for being a lousy dad?" the purple-haired girl asked as she turned to her father, no trace of amusement in her tone. Hayden took a step forward, holding a finger up. "I wouldn't exactly say he was a lousy dad" she cut in.

Hades sent her a grin with a look of pride on his face. However, Mal slowly turned to look at her, a glare forming in her eyes. "You're right, not the best time" Hayden said with a grimace as she stood back once again.