III. 03

"Why is she here?" Jay asked aggressively when the three girls found Evie, Jay and Carlos. Hayden smirked at him, waving her fingers playfully to annoy him.

"She helped us last time, didn't she?" Evie stated, sass lacing her tone as she placed a hand on her hip. Hayden laughed at this, sending Evie a smile. Jay looked down at his feet in slight annoyance but didn't say any more.

"The ember will work better for her since she's the daughter of Hades" Mal stated before turning towards the tunnel. Hayden began to follow after her, not sparing the son of Jafar a second glance. Jay hesitated but eventually sighed in defeat, following them into the tunnel that led to the barrier.

"Alright. Get in, get out. Jay, are you good?" Mal asked as the group continued on their journey. "Yeah" he replied. Hayden could feel the nerves growing in her stomach; she had never been off of the Isle before.

"Okay, hold on" Mal instructed, holding her hands out. Jay lifted his hand and pressed a button on a remote. Hayden watched, her eyes wide with amazement, as a hole formed in the barrier for them to walk through.

The VKs continued towards the barrier, Hayden following behind them all. Mal tossed the ember in the air before catching it again and stepping through the barrier. A wave of power from the ember passed over Mal, turning parts of her hair blue.

"Woah, you got a little Hades thing going" Evie said in slight amazement. Mal held out her arms, examining herself with her new-found power. "Wow" she said, feeling a lot different.

"That thing packs a punch, huh?" Carlos stated, turning to his friend. Meanwhile, Hayden was still standing inside the barrier. Her nerves had turned into slight fear once she saw the power emanating from Mal; she didn't know if the same thing would happen to her or if she would be able to handle it.

"Hayden, you coming?" Mal asked, turning to face her sister. Hayden looked back at her warily before taking in a deep breath and nodding. She slowly approached the barrier, hesitating for a moment before stepping through it.

Hayden immediately felt the power inside her; it felt much like when she summoned her fire except much stronger. She froze in her spot as her eyes flew open and her head tilted backwards.

The daughter of Hades could feel the fire burning in her eyes, stronger than ever. Her hair blew out behind her, setting alight like her father's used to.

She took in a deep breath, closing her hands into fists while forcing her eyes closed. She focused all of her energy, gradually feeling the power subside.

When she opened her eyes once more the VKs were all staring at her, wide-eyed and open-mouthed. "Okay that" Evie began, gesturing to Hayden. "Was more than a little Hades thing" she finished.

The blue-haired girl laughed at this, somewhat embarrassed. "Wait, but you didn't have the ember" Mal stated,somewhat confused. At the mention of the ember, Hayden looked down at her hand, noticing that her ring was now glowing.

"I have my own ember" she stated with a smirk, holding up her hand to show them. The others still seemed in slight awe but they said no more as they walked away from the now-closing barrier.

However, before they had left completely, they heard a stumbling noise behind them. They all immediately spun around to see Harry and Gil scrambling off the floor having dove through the barrier.

Everyone gasped while Hayden's jaw dropped, looking at her friends who were talking about how they made it. The VKs looked at them warily but Hayden couldn't help but grin at the two idiots.

"Hey guys" Harry said, turning to the group without noticing Hayden. "We're, eh, we're just coming for a wee visit" he stated as the two pirates approached the group only to be pushed back. "Hayden?" Harry questioned once he saw her, pausing briefly.