Chapter 32

| Grateful for everyone's
existence |

After arriving in Ming Chen's house, we dropped off the ingredients on the table and collect the knives, pans and bowls as well as some cutting boards. Washing the ingredients, we didn't get to talk more when we started.

It didn't take long for the food to cook, tender meat where boiled for a long time to reach that soft and tender texture. The greens were also boiled in hot water and then was rinsed in cold water to achieve a crispy consistency. After that, we made the sauce and saute the vegetables before plating them on the side.

Soon, every meal was cooked and we can only relax on the couch and wait for the three to come. It wasn't even half an hour yet when the door opened and came Ming Chen and Wei Xiu.

"Where's Peizhi?" I as curiously as I wandered my eyes, looking for that tall graceful figure.

"He left" Ming Chen simply said and dumped all the drinks and snacks on his table.

"What? Why? Did you two bully him?" Liu Ying glanced at Wei Xiu while Aifen looked at the two of them with slight disdain.

"How could you fight unfairly? Two versus one, tsk, your morals have been degraded as time passes by" Aifen said benevolently as she looked at the two of them still in slight disdain.

The two men sighed in helplessness before moving forward to their respective partners. I looked at Ming Chen pointedly, still waiting for his explanation but when he remained silent, I kicked him on his leg.

"Really Feng Mian?"

"Yes, now tell me or I won't let the you eat" I bared my fangs and brandished my claws and waited at him while Liu Ying did the same.

"Can't eat? Well, I think my Feng-er is much more delicious than food - ow! Fine I'll tell you- stop- ow! Feng Mian!" He gritted his teeth before rubbing his arms like an injured man.

After hearing those vulgar words from him, I wanted to slap him in the face but controlled myself. I'll sort him out tonight, so I decided to just pinch him im his arms to clear his sanity.

I happened to glanced at Aifen who remained stoic and still have the temperament of an orchid but the red color on her ears were more prominent than ever.

Meanwhile, I could hear Wei Xiu and Liu Ying fighting before it was stopped by Wei Xiu's act of shamelessness. Well, he just kissed Liu Ying to stop her from lecturing him more.

Them she stood up with her bag on her hand. My tangled limbs from fighting with Ming Chen broke out and took a step towards Aifen.

"Where are you going Aifen?" My voice seemed to resonates on the four walls and let Liu Ying to get up from her seat.

"Darling, don't go!" She screamed as if she was acting on a dog blood drama where she was accused of putting on a green hat on Aifen.

We waited for a while minute before she opened her mouth and said.

"I have already decided" she stated while we waited for her with both nervousness and anticipation.

What did she decided to do? Have we perhaps created a trauma for her? Did we do something wrong?

"Darling....you can tell us" Liu Ying gently said as if she was a mother waiting for her child to speak.

"I'm going to search a shuaige for me so that I'll be able to compete on the two of you. May the best couple win"

The two of us were both dumbfounded at her words, even more so when Ming Chen and Wei Xiu sang praises for her courage, the two of us remained in shock. It felt like a thunderbolt pierced the clear sky from this situation.

Well, this is too difficult for us to comprehend!

...

We managed to fulfill our goal for today after so many turns. I didn't question Ming Chen more and decided to wait until the three left.

Afterwards, all of us seemed to reminisce about our high school days. The math teacher that Liu Ying absolutely dislike, the failed confession of Aifen as well as the time where the three of us became five and have remained close after all these years of being separated.

The tears and laughter that we managed to overcome in our University days, the memories that we had to share since we all chose a path that was different from one another and the dreams that are now achieved by our persistent self.

We ate and drink as if it's the last day of the earth. We laughed as of we had never laughed before, silly smiles adorning our lips as we told tales of our life.

"I would like to toast everyone, thank you for all the years of laughter and sorrow. Thank you for being my friend and for having my back, thank you everyone" Liu Ying said, her words were filled with emotions and are like direct arrows that pierced our hearts.

Wei Xiu smiled fondly at Liu Ying as she shed tears while carelessly laughing her tears away. Aifen hugged Liu Ying with a bright smile on her face. Ming Chen on the other hand nod at Wei Xiu and turn to my direction before holding my hand tightly.

"Cheers!"

As we clink our glasses together, the past us has now been layered with the present us while we dreamed for a new and bright future.

Thank you Liu Ying for being my best friend, for having my side and for never forgetting.

Thank you Wei Xiu for being my friend and for loving my best friend.

Thank you Aifen for being my good friend and for being my best friend's darling and mine too, just in my head.

Lastly, thank you Ming Chen for your shamelessness in the past, for not giving up on my stubborn self, for loving me wholeheartedly and moreover, for existing in my life.

Thank you.

Notes:

To bare fangs and brandish claws, to make threatening gestures.
Temperament of an orchid, referring to her graceful temperament/attitude/mannerism resembles the orchid in a deep valley, fragrant and pure.
Shuàigē, handsome man or cute boy.
Thunder from a clear sky, something completely unexpected.

***
Aw! I would love to have a reunion with my friends too, seriously. It's been a long time since we've met and due to the pandemic, it's a lot harder now to see each other.

Anyways, I hope you like this tear jerking chapter! Have a good day and stay safe as always!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!