Chapter 41

| The Mid-Autumn festival
has started |

After a week long of work, I had finally managed to finish everything before the festival starts.

My brother had also finished his and immediately complained to us. Well, I could see the dark bags underneath his eyes but hey, I have some too.

We didn't do any preparation, Mom and I is just about to go to the grocery store to buy some moon cakes and some roasted duck and wine along with dad whose currently free from his job for this whole week.

"Mom, I want our moon cake made with nuts, can we?" I snuggled to my mother's arm as I acted spoiled around her.

"Of course, our Feng Feng will get what she wants" after saying that, she ordered my father to buy what her Feng Feng wants.

After that day, mom and I got to talk about the lost time we had. She told me that she was too angry at that time and then when her anger dissipates, she doesn't know what to do anymore. She's too awkward and too prideful to say sorry and because of that, she ignored me in fear of making things worse.

It's been a very long time of no communication and awkwardness around us that it made her feel stifled and sad.

She also shared that when she heard me having a lover, that's when she knew she had to make things right. If this cold war continues, she wouldn't get to be with her daughter before she became someone's mother.

Right now, I'm happy with what I have. It doesn't matter if I forgave my mother that easily, what matters is that she's trying and doing her best to make up for the lost time.

"You two- ai, forget it. I'll be your slave for now" the two of us giggled at my father's dramatic words but didn't comment further into it.

"So, would you spend your day with your boyfriend this week?" Mom asked after father went on his way to buy moon cakes.

"Yep, we decided to meet on the fourth day since he have to meet his parents first and go to some variety shows" I informed her before swerving into another aisle.

She nodded her head as she examiners a piece of plastic on her side before looking at me. Ii took some time for me to think of the perfect drink with my mother's occasional glances.

"Say what you want to say Mom" she can only smile weakly before saying.

"Well... How's your relationship with him? Did you ever feel lonely, aggrieved or-"

"We're fine mom, he doesn't dare to slight me" I cut her off and reassured her. I'm telling the truth since I knew him.

"But there's a lot of temptations especially to someone who works in the entertainment industry" she worriedly said, her eyes filled with concern while I decided to hold her hand.

"Mom, trust your daughter's judgement" she can only smile weakly as I continued. "Besides, as the saying goes, in a lover's eye is the foremost beauty. He doesn't dare I'm telling you, if he did I'll punish him" I smiled widely as she mirrored mine before sighing.

"Fine, I'll trust you, but if he made you cry- I'll search him even in the deepest part of the world"

With that, I laughed out loud earning a few glances from the people before walking hand in hand with my mother.

...

Me and my parents decides to go to the restaurant five minutes earlier to get some conversation with our relative and give Ji An a gift.

I decided to gift her a pair of black heels to suit any dress for her when she goes to an interview. It must be hard now since the economy is prospering and a lot of people, even from the countryside, has decided to work in the city.

After half an hour of driving, we managed to get to the restaurant just as a storm of people rushed in. It seems like business is doing well today, well, it's always like this.

Fortunately, we managed to arrive before some of our relatives came and I finally met Ji An and gave her gift.

"Thank you Feng jie, you're the best" she smiled and proceeds to take my arm before sitting down besides me. "So, I heard that you finally found yourself a boyfriend, how is he?"

I can only smile wryly at her face filled with excitement before replying.

"We're fine...he's... alright"

Well, alright is an understatement but I'm not going to tell her that. I don't want her to be shocked nor Ming Chen's ego to be inflated more so I kept it a secret.

Moreover, if one of my relatives run their mouth without care, I bet I'll be known as someone who tries to fly and become a phoenix. I don't want that, it'll just ruin mine and Ming Chen's reputation.

"What more?" She insisted but go course, I was saved by the bell, thankfully.

She pouted as her mother called her to meet our cousins and relatives while I waved her goodbye. I sighed in relief after successfully escaping that question.

Soon, the room was filled with our relatives and people that I didn't knew were my cousins. My brother on the other hand can only sit on the side with a dark face, his hands on the phone before it was taken from him. Ji An was being passed over and over again with words of congratulations as she dizzily escaped her tormentors making me stifle a laugh.

"Well, that was hard"

"It is" she said before looking back at me and suggested. "Let's leave this place for some fresh air"

Well, that's just what I want to do in the first place.

We sneaked outside after seeing our relatives getting drunk and lively from the stories. The smell of fresh air cleanse my tiredness and smiled as I see some couple of people smiling and walking hand in hand.

Just imagining the day me and Ming Chen will meet sends a smile on my face and unfortunately, it was seen by my cousin.

"Eh, is that a smile I see on my cousins face? What are you thinking of, your boyfriend?" She teased while I laughed out loud before stopping myself.

"En, it's him, why? Jealous of it?" I teased back making her pout at the stamp of being a single dog.

We managed to get a couple of minutes away from the boisterous room before the cold wind got too much. I was about to walk inside when a jacket was placed into my body.

I looked up and saw a familiar pair of eyes looking at me tenderly before placing a chaste kiss on my lips.

"Admiring the full moon without me? That's a shame Feng-er" his face was bare for anyone to see though the lack of lightning managed to hide his face away.

His jacket was warm on my cold one, his voice a bit hoarse, probably from a cough before he smiled once more.

I was about to say a word when I saw my cousin with her eyes as wide as her mouth before her trembling hand points at Ming Chen and said.

"You- you! You're the ac-" I slide towards her side before clamping her mouth at and glaring at Ming Chen.

F*ck!

Notes:

Mooncakes are the must-eat Mid-Autumn food in China. They are a traditional Chinese pastry. Chinese people see in the roundness of mooncakes a symbol of reunion and happiness.
In a lover's eye is the foremost beauty, a saying that means Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Fly from the branch and become a phoenix, used to remark on how girls use their faces to get a job, become a mistress and marry to those who are rich.

***
Yep, Ming Chen was just too careless but we don't care about that! We can finally be at ease at Feng Mian and her mother's relationship!

Anyways, thank you everyone for the votes and comments! I love you all! Stay safe as always okay?!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!