Chapter 45

| If you don't do stupid things you won't end up in tragedy |

If I haven't been too greedy and if I haven't just pick an immature fight with my brother then we wouldn't be in this prediction.

My brother glared at me heatedly while I avoided his and grandma's obvious stare while trying to think of any solution.

Of course there isn't, grandma's a stubborn one, she wouldn't take no for an answer. She have the spirit of a dragon and a horse, that's how she gets to be this high spirited when it comes to the affairs of everyone. Well, she can if I just say the right words-

"Grandma, my girlfriend texted me saying she can't go here since she's with her family visiting their hometown. I'm sorry for disappointing you grandma, I'll try-"

"No, it's okay, just let her be. Hao, what a filial one!" She slaps her hand on her thigh, repeating the word Hao.

Great.

My brother couldn't wait to abandon me and force me to the point of no return eh? How cunning and cold hearted is he?! I thought blood is thicker than water but here he is, doing just the opposite of that!

"Ming Chen lives in City A, I'm sure he can visit here" he said in a singsong voice.

"He can't, he have work to do" I said with gritted teeth, my head already weaving plans for killing my older brother.

How dare he do this to me? He's throwing stones down a well, a man doing that to his younger sister to a weak female to be exact- is a disgrace to the population of men!

"Is that so? Then call him Feng Mian, I could really use a company here rather than the two of you just arguing about nonsense things"

Well, that was a clear head shot, painful and a bit relieving too. Wait- does this mean grandma knew that it's just another immature fight from us?

"So grandma... we were just fighting... just treat our words as rubbish an-"

"Nope, I've lived a few summers and winters, I can certainly detect what's a lie or truth" the she waved her hands and motioned for me to go on.

I wanted to cry but lack tears, my brother on the other hand sneakily laugh at me. Of course it didn't escape our grandma's eyes and she wacked him in the head making me grin in delight.

"Also, you young man needs to settle down as well. I'll ask for my sister-in-law, she'll surely help me" making my brother's face blacken until I couldn't help but laugh at his misfortune.

Ha! Serves you right you good for nothing brother!

Now, I'm currently facing my phone and is still in a dilemma of whether I should call him and probably ruin his time with his family or face the wrath of my grandmother.

Of course I choose the first one, I would never chose the later one, I still want to live.

Soon, the call connects and I can imagine my grandma's ear peering into her hair as I cleared my throat before saying.

"Hello?"

My brother decided to make trouble again and gestured for me to turn the speaker button on. I wanted to wipe that smirk away when grandma sided to him.

Goodness, I can only wish for Ming Chen to be at least civil to his words or else I'll really burn in embarrassment here.

"Feng-er? What's the matter? Did you miss me too much that you can't wait for me to whisk you there? Don't worry, I'll be real sneaky after I arrive there, I'll smother you with kisses alright? Don't be sad my Feng-er, hm?"

God, deities, Buddha and everyone in the heavens, please take me with you. I don't think I can still live after hearing those vulgar words!

I'm gonna kill Ming Chen but I would slaughter my brother first before him.

"Hm, he is certainly an enthusiastic man, isn't he Feng-er?" My grandmother teased me while I smiled wryly at the situation.

Ming Chen on the other hand remained silent when all of a sudden, a sudden bang was heard before I heard him clearly saying.

"I will take responsibility for Feng Mian!"

Grandma was shock into silent before a grin spread into her face as my brother laughed so hard tears came out of his eyes. I on the other hand wanted to die so bad from shame.

How can he be this- this shameless and pig headed rogue!

I can hear him breathing and immediately took action in fear of further damaging the situation.

"Hao Ming Chen! Shut your mouth this instant!"

He stopped and muttered a low sorry before grandma ushered me place my phone in her ear.

Oh God, just when I thought that things would be better, it just made things worse! Fate, oh fate, why are you doing this to me?!

"En.... great... I will... ai, just come here, don't worry about Feng-er.... hehehe... goodbye then"

The call lasted for just a minute or so but it felt like all of my youth has wasted. It didn't help matters that grandma chose to tap the speaker off making us unable to hear the contents of their message.

After she gave me my phone, I immediately went outside and asked Ming Chen about their conversation.

"Well, let's just say that I'll be there in eight. Wait for me okay? I'll bring gifts to Grandma, don't worry about what we talked about."

Well- their conversation must be nice, I think he'll act politely. I just wish that he won't do anything rashly and come here- wait, come here to bring gifts so he'll meet my grandparents and possibly my relatives- argh!

"Hao Ming Chen! I'm still not prepared"

Notes:

If you don't do stupid things you won't end up in tragedy, (title of the chapter) a proverb similar to the saying, "Don't poke the bear. " When we take unnecessary foolish risks, we subject ourselves to the unavoidable unfortunate consequences of foolish behavior.
Throwing stones down a well,  beating someone when they're down.
• A dragon's and a horse's spirit, It refers to a vigorous spirit in old age.

***
I made this chapter in an hour, still a bit rushed I guess since I have class today. Anyways, just a quick story time:

My phone always notifies me with an update and I guess my fingers weren't that nimble so I accidentally pressed the update button and voila! I had a massive heart attack since it's just a few minutes before class starts and my teacher doesn't like us to be late, no exceptions.

Well, luck seems to be with me since my teacher still hasn't gone online so yep, that's the end!

Anyways, stay safe and healthy as always okay?! Thank you for your support people!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!