Chapter 52

| A plan that went down the drain the moment I opened my phone |

She wasn't Ming Chen's mother, she was his step mother, Shu Jian's mother.

I honestly didn't think of it, I mean they didn't look alike but I just thought that he looks like his father more but never this. But she was a good and honest woman, I can see the guilt in her eyes, it still remains after a long time.

She's suffering and I couldn't help but pity her.

I sat on my bed, still relieving the memories of today, how a single move opened the Pandora's box. It was something that I didn't think I would experience today.

When it was just Ming Chen and I on the car, he told me everything. His her mother suffered, how they all felt the guilt the moment she died and how remorseful and hateful he is to himself.

I told him that it wasn't his fault, he never knew, he was just a child. Just a child, barely an adult and the hurdles he faced in his life has made him into the man I love.

"I didn't do enough"

My heart constricted painfully hearing his pain filled words, he was choking down his sobs.

"You did, you already did your best"

I cradled his cold cheeks, wiped the stray tears from his eyes and pecked his face over and over again.

He would probably still feel guilty, after hearing him out, I can see the deep seated guilt in his eyes that's already been set into his bones.

"Forgive but never forget"

That's the only sentence that I could give when he hugged me and cried. It was the first time I saw him cry, he wasn't wailing but it felt like his silent sobs were much louder than any screams I've heard in my life.

I continued to hold him in my small embrace, tried to stick him to my warm frame as I whispered words of comforts and affection.

He might be a famous actor, one of the handsome guys in high school but in my heart, he's my Ming Chen.

My shameless Ming Chen.

...

A week has gone by and in that time, my mind has already been decided. We've been together for five months, we had met each other's parents and with that, I think it's time.

No, I'm not gonna propose to him, it's too early.

I'm talking about exposing our relationship to the media.

It's takes so much courage and thinking from me, I had to think thrice before deciding and I had weighted the consequences.

But I throw it all the window, people would talk and some would refuse our relationship but they're just strangers in our life. They do not have a say on our relationship, and with that thought, I abandoned my earlier doubts.

There are two types of people in the internet,
; one who are those keyboard warrior and the other are those who just purely eat melons.

I'll tell him of my decision after school ends then.

Since then, I have been working and has finally passed the day with painfully sore shoulders and feet. I sat on our office and saw an invitation letter, oh, it's for Ping Ling and Mr. Jiang's wedding. Finally, I took it out and looked at the date, one week more and she would be a part of the married group in the office.

Shu Jian came up to me, her eyes are bright and it feels like she's about to tell me something, I just don't know whether it's a good or bad thing. I still can't trust her after she pushed me without any notice and preparation.

"What?" I asked, eyes guarded at her every move.

"Geez, Teacher Feng, I'm sorry okay? I won't do it again.... besides... it made the two of you closer right?" She grinned in happiness while I robotically laughed at her.

"We would eventually, thanks for the help then" I sarcastically replied.

"I'm sorry Teacher Feng, please forgive me?" She pouted and looked at me with those limpid clear eyes. If I haven't known her true colors, I would have surrendered at her.

"Nope"

She taught me that this word is a dog eat dog world, and for that, I am both thankful and angry at her.

She grumbled under her breath, I didn't comment on it and was glued to my work. After half an hour, I finished my work and was about to take Shu Jian with me when my phone buzzed.

I opened it and read the notification. It was bright red, too bright for me to read and my expression darken. I knew I shouldn't believe in rumors but god, it was suffocating to see.

Shu Jian kept talking to me, I couldn't even answer her because I was too preoccupied with my thoughts.

I knew that this would have happened someday, I was just too foolish to think that I won't be affected by this false rumors. But what can I do? I love him and it's normal for me to be jealous when he's in a rumor about a woman I do not know.

I may be called as petty and possessive but honestly, it really hurts to see this kind of thing. We haven't even released our relationship and there's a lot of 'confirmed' ones from him.

My eyes wandered around but my mind was elsewhere. I could ignore the rumor and read its contents making me feel numb and furious.

All the plan that I was about to do went down the drain.

Famous actor Ming Chen and Li Feifei; confirmed to be dating!

Notes:

Think thrice before you act, from "The Analects" it's like: "Look before you leap."
Eat melon, internet slang which means the matter isn't related to the reader and is just purely reading and not commenting on the situation.
Dog eat dog world, idiom for a world that has a rule of you scam, I lie.

***
Hello people! How are you today?! Class started and ugh, I am telling you, it is mentally and physically draining!

Anyways, I hope you have a good day today! Stay safe and healthy as always okay?!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!