I-Meet the "family"

Y/n couldn't help but blame her sister.

"When will you start acting like your sister?"

"First? You got lucky."

"Your sister just placed on a competition, you?"

She doesn't hate her, but she doesn't love her either. Their whole so called "bond" was just a case of parasitism.

Y/n had never once brought Kuroo home or ever mentioned anything about home. To her, it just felt like a house.

"Why haven't you introduced me to your family?"

Ah, here it is. The million dollar question.

Y/n gulped from irritation before answering.

"Do you want to meet them?" she asked, trying her best to hide the annoyance in her tone of speaking.

"I mean, yes. I wanna know where my girlfriend lives, I barely know anything about your relationship with your family. Every time I talk about them, you change the subject." Kuroo explains while holding her hand tighter.

"Fine. Come over for dinner Friday night after practice." she says while looking at the sky.

Y/n and Kuroo first met when Kenma got paired with her during a science project. Kuroo recognized her last name and realized her sister was the popular girl in his year.

Y/n hated it. She's always being recognized as "S/n L/n's little sister". 

If she can, she'd never tell them she had one. She beat her at almost everything.

Y/n was smart without even trying, her sister however, not so much.

It's like the gods gave her all the knowledge and gave her sister everything else.

And so, Friday night came.

"You must be Y/n's friend!" Your sister answered the door.

Of all the people in this house, why her?

She said she wanted them to meet her 'friend'. They kept their relationship very private. And her parents weren't surprised she wanted them to meet her friend, considering the last one she had was from when she were five before they moved from Miyagi.

She extended her hand to shake his and he did the same.

Gross, I'm not holding his hand tonight then.

"Uhh yes, Kuroo Tetsuruo." he said with a smile.

Y/n's parents watching them with a smile. Y/n stood there irritated at the sight.

The reason why she didn't want them to meet is because she was scared.

She was scared that she would lose again, she would lose Kuroo to her sister just like everything else.

"Let's sit down for dinner." their Father said and prepared the dishes.

...

"So Y/n, how's school?" their mother asks, she knew that she was just trying to find an excuse to compare her to her sister again.

"It's good. Not a single mistake on any exams or activities." she said while playing with her food using her chopsticks.

"Not yet." her father corrects her.

"You can never be too sure. Be like your sister, stop talking and actually get things done."

"You should say that to her instead, might shut her mouth every once in a while." she mutters, earning a look from Kuroo.

"Excuse me?" her mother asks.

"...Nothing.", her voice getting quiet.

"So, Kuroo. Aren't you on the volleyball team?" My sister asks him.

Y/n groans in her head, knowing that her sister doesn't know how to take a hint.

"Yeah, I am actually." her boyfriend answers back with a smile.

Dinner proceeded normally and everything seemed fine.

Y/n began to feel uncomfortable the more questions his sister asked about him. She already took everything, must she take him away too?