XVII

Y/n and Kenma went downstairs to leave, but were greeted by the sight her so called family's dirty looks on her.

"Are you happy?" her mom asks her in a furious tone.

"You're so jealous of your sister that you have to ruin things for her, huh?" she asks her again.

She felt piercing gazes from her relatives, most specifically her aunties.

Kenma couldn't say anything and just stood there in his place, but stepped up to get Y/n behind him.

"Selfish b*tch." one of her older cousins that was closest to her sister commented.

"All of you should shut the f*ck up." she said while her tears fell out of frustration.

Her hands formed into fists that were digging crescent moons on her palm, she was trying to calm herself down but nothing seemed to be working.

"You have the confidence to talk back to me?!" her mother once again shouted, causing Y/n to flinch along with Kenma.

"You dont get to do that, I gave birth to you!"

"WELL I DIDN'T F*CKING ASK TO BE YOUR DAUGHTER!"

That's it, she's had enough of it.

Two pairs of footsteps were heard running towards the house.

S/n and Kuroo saw Y/n breaking behind Kenma.

"I don't know where I went wrong on raising you. Your sister came out perfectly fine and then you happened. I've been asking myself what was wrong with you ever since you were 5." their mother judged.

S/n watched Y/n fix herself, wiping her tears with her own hands.

"Well... I'm not my sister." she says, calming down a bit but her hands were still in the form of fists.

"I don't know why you can't accept that." she runs her hands through her face slowly.

Their parents stood there in silence.

"I'm not S/n, mom." she said frustratedly, her eyes glassy from the tears.

"I don't know if I'm supposed to say sorry for not being her."

You're not her.

Kuroo thought to himself. He felt horrible, because he said the exact same thing her mother had said to Y/n four years ago but with different words.

But it all meant the same.

She's so much better.

"And to answer your question, I-I don't know either. I don't know what's wrong with me, mom. I've been asking myself what the f-f*ck did I do wrong for the past seventeen years." she struggled to get out, breathing heavily and stuttering.

"Tell me mom!"

"I did nothing to you! Not a single day did I disobey you!" she sobbed.

"What was the point of having two daughters when you neglect the other?!" she raised her voice.

Kuroo watched her, eyes widened and concerned at the same time while his mouth was opened slightly.

"Did you ever really care about me?" she sighed and lowered her voice.

"It's like you ask me how I'm doing just to find a reason to compare me to her." she turned to her dad.

"You know when the last time you talked to me was?" she asked the both of them.

"The last time you called was ten months ago!" she shouted once more.

"You forgot about me for ten f*cking months, mom!"