X-A place you once called home

Kuroo stared into space, thinking about Y/ns email.

Idiot, of course her friends would tell her eventually.

"Tetsu?" the girl sat in front of him asked, waving a hand in front of Kuroo's his to catch his attention.

"What are you thinking about?" S/n asks him with a bright smile.

"Nothing, just work." he lied.

"So when are we gonna tell them?" a smile formed on her lips, thinking about the reactions of both their families.

Kuroo loved S/n more than any girl he's ever met, well... not including his mom of course.

"Hmm..." Kuroo hummed as he thinks of a perfect date.

"How about when your sister gets home? My family can come to your house in Miyagi." Kuroo suggests.

She nods in response, her smile becoming brighter with the thought of her sister coming home.

Sure. He loved Y/n too, though not in the way he loved S/n.

She was different from the rest of  them, she made him better.

He needed her.

They needed each other.

"I don't have contact with Y/n..." S/n says, realizing not once has she asked for her sisters email address or contact number ever since she left for the United States.

"Do you?" she then asks Kuroo.

"No, I'm not sure anyone does." Kuroo lied once again.

She needs to know... I'll tell her soon.

No, we'll tell her soon.

The rest of their date proceeded normally, with Kuroo listening to S/n talk for hours happily.

Kuroo loved the sound of S/ns cheerful voice.

Though he also felt guilt, remembering Y/ns tone that cold night.

He wished he had realized it sooner, or that he had distinguished the difference between romantic and platonic feelings way before.

-The next day-

Kuroo sat at his office chair, looking blankly at his computer screen.

He saw many emails but decided to scroll further down to look for Y/n's.

He didn't know what to do.

Should he reply? He was starting to think that he should, but what would he say to her?

He could've easily got her email or number from Kenma by bugging him but what would he do with it?

We haven't talked in four years.

Kuroo brought out his phone and looked for her old number, seeing her last message.

"We have nothing to talk about."

He read it silently, knowing very well she was right after what he did. They have nothing to talk about.

He gathered the courage to open the email once again and reply.

From:tetsuruokuroo@gmail.com
To:y/n_l/n@gmail.com

'Y/n? How did you get my email addre'

No.

He presses the delete key.

We have nothing to talk about.