VIII-Fridays

Y/n laid on her bed, her hands stretched out to hold the book she was holding.

And that's when she realized.

It was a Friday night, Friday nights usually meant just one thing. 

Kuroo Tetsuro, the last person she would want to see.

She looked at the page number and put her book down, memorizing it so she didn't have to stand up and go to her desk for a bookmark.

She went downstairs for a quick look at the fridge.

'Dinner with Kuroo and the rest of the family.'  -Mom

Said a note attached to their fridge door.

Rest of the family? she thought to herself but didn't make a big deal about it.

Y/n had no sleep whatsoever. She binged "The Big Bang Theory" all night to forget about Kuroo's bullsh*t.

She didn't care that she had to see both their faces and her relatives nosy faces tonight, it's not like she'll be seeing them any longer than three hours.

It was only 7 in the morning so she decided to drink a glass of water and take a nap.

Grabbing the book from her bed and placing it on her bookshelf, she jumped onto her bed and embraced her own warmth.

...

Her favorite song woke her up.

It was currently 2 in the afternoon.

Guests usually arrived at seven thirty.

She decided to take a run outside to feel more refreshed for some air, then coming home at 5 to take a bath and get ready for the house nuisances who happened to be visitors.

Picking out a presentable outfit from her wardrobe, she went down the stairs to see Kuroo with her sister, smiling.

She sat down on the couch, staying quiet while constantly checking her phone or laptop.

"Why are you s-"

Y/n cut them off by putting her headphones on, giving them a sign to back off and that she didn't wanna talk to them.

Kuroo and her sister talked to each other and smiled while Y/n blasted music on her headphones to drown out their annoying noise.

This went on for about 30 mins, before the first bell on the door rang.

Her parents opened the door to welcome their relatives, their extremely loud side of the family.

Y/n couldn't help but groan upon seeing her nosy aunt who could replace their neighbors' dog.

It was for about another 10 mins before the last of their guests arrived.

Y/n smiled to herself as she looked at her laptop screen, contented with the results.

They sat down at the dinner table, her sister smiling like there's no tomorrow.

"I have something to tell you guys." she announced.

The entire tables attention were focused on her, except for Y/n, who was still eating while her utensils made noises.

Her younger cousin tapped her, taking it as a sign for her to stop.

"Oh, uh... sorry." she said, half apologetical. 

She'd be lying if she said her mind wasn't drifting off to a completely different place right now.