XIX

Kuroo's eyes immediately shot open because of the noise,but the beeping had stopped and only crying could be heard inside the room.

And there she was,sitting on the hospital bed as her family surrounded her.

His legs moved on his own and made their way over to Y/n's direction.

Her mom and dad hugged her tightly for the first time in years.

She still looked quite confused as to what was happening around her.

"Sorry, but..." she spoke,her voice quite shakey.

"If you don't mind me asking, who-who are you guys?" she asked,tilting her head to the side.

"She's likely to have amnesia after waking up, though the latter seems unlikely to happen."

She looked around her room, and turned towards the widened eyes of the people that surrounded her.

Her parents have now loosened their grip around her.

She glanced towards Kenma, whose cat eyes that were always lazily open suddenly widened.

Y/n chuckled at the sight like her waking up isn't such a big deal.

"Sike." she said and everyone was still looking at her like she had just came out of the sky.

"I-I would hit you right now if you didn't j-just wake up from a coma." BF/n replied and made her way from the back to Y/n's bed and hugged her.

BF/n was holding a black cat and Y/n's eyes lit up in excitement.

BF/n flew all the way to Japan just to see her, luckily, she came a few days before Y/n woke up.

"Shiro!" she immediately grabs the cat, earning a meow from the poor creature who was now being showered with affection.

Meanwhile, Y/n seemed to have forgotten about her family that was staring at her in shock.

Kuroo laughed at Y/n's choice for a name, he knew exactly what was going through her mind when she named the black cat.

He made his way over to her yet still didn't know what to do.

The awkward silence in the room was still present, she had heard everything they had said to her when she was asleep.

She knew they meant those words they had said, yet she enjoyed the tears that they shed as they suffered from regret.

"Umm.. yay, I'm not dead??" she awkwardly tried to break the silence as she scratches her neck.

S/n smacked the back of her head lightly as she laughs lightly while her tears came down.

She wrapped her arms around her little sister, glad that she woke up after two months.

The gazes of the people around the room softened at the sight.

Kuroo decided not to step forward and talk to her immediately, considering Y/n needed the affection she has been starved for for years.

Kenma's face was still in a light pout, he didn't exactly like Y/n's joke.

Y/n reached out to pat Kenma's head, reassuring him that she's alright.

Kuroo looked at the girl in awe and admiration, thinking about how someone could have the strength to stand alone even after all they've been through.

But this time, he wanted to make sure she won't ever feel alone.

They all wanted to make sure she never feels lonely ever again.

One of her younger cousins smiled at her, they've went through the same thing.

They've both been pressured to follow the path of success and perfection their older sibling took.

Though it still saddens them that it would take one of them to almost die just to make them realize that.

Kuroo needed time to be able to talk to her.

He wasn't even sure if the reason she had woken up was because of his words.

But he was glad that she did, he was glad that the loud sound from the machine was just a part of his nightmare.

Maybe he's still dreaming and she was still asleep.

But if it really was a dream, he wouldn't wanna wake up and choose to stay like Y/n who was in deep slumber.

Y/n turned to her parents' direction but her gaze was still lowered down to her bed.

She couldn't face them, she can't even make eye contact with them.

But her body moved on its own, her head tilting up to meet her parents.

She exhaled quietly, a bit shocked from the tears that formed in their eyes.

Her mother slowly wrapped her arms around the newly awoken girl, burying her head on her daughter's hospital gown to inhale the girls' scent.

Y/n stayed quiet, the only thing that could be heard inside the room was the sound of soft whimpers from trying to hold back their tears.

"Mom?"

She calls her name softly with emotion for the first time in what feels like a lifetime.

Her mother's cries became a bit louder, followed by her father's.

.....

After a few days, Y/n was now about to get discharged from the hospital.

She still wondered what might've happened if she never got into the accident, or what could've been if she hadn't woken up and fell asleep for good.

Would things be different?

Kuroo sat down next to her, still keeping his distance. This was the first time they've been alone ever since the accident.

He stayed still and quiet, though he wanted to hug her tightly.

"What do you wanna do after you get discharged?" he asked just to break the tension and awkward silence.

Y/n hummed in response, as if she was trying to think of something to do.

"Ask the guy who ran me over who the hell taught him to drive, I guess." she answered sarcastically.

Kuroo chuckled after hearing her answer.

Keeping her distance from Japan was a good decision.

She made some friends, she felt better, happier, and she learned not to be afraid of the world as much as she used to.

But it kills him that he had to break her just so she could be better.

He used to think he was smart, but not until he broke her heart.

"It was drunk driving, by the way." he smiled lightly, telling her the reason before he stood up to fix himself and walked away.

As much as he wanted to talk to her, he couldn't do it.

Atleast not now.

.....

Author's Note: This chapter kinda short, I've been busy with school but I'm halfway done with my schoolwork for this week so I have the time to update!

Hope you enjoyed.