VII-I wish you knew

Gripping Kuroo's hand tighter, Y/n rested her head on his shoulder as they looked at the same pond they used to.

"We need to talk." they both say at the same time, both of them having a serious tone.

"You can go first." Y/n says calmly, still resting her head on his shoulder.

Letting him go first will buy more time to spend with him.

Tonight was the night.

The night she lets him go.

And the cold was catching up to her faster than she expected.

"Your sister was crying last night." He says, fixing his gaze on her and moving until her head no longer rested on his shoulder.

"And why?" she asks while looking up at the stars, loosening her grip on his hands and stuffing her hand inside her pocket instead.

"You know why. Why are you so rude to your sister? She said you barely pay attention to her when she's talking and you can't even be bothered to hang out with her." he questions while looking at her in disbelief.

"If she wants attention why doesn't she just hang out with her friends or go talk to mom and dad anyways." she answers, playing with the loose thread hanging from her gloves.

"This is exactly what I'm talking about. What did she do to you to make you hate her so much?" Kuroo asks, beginning to sound frustrated.

"When did you become so close to her anyways?" she scoffs.

She knew this was the only way to break up with him, maybe she'd even get him to do the breaking up himself.

"Don't put the blame on me, Y/n." Kuroo's tone got more serious.

His voice was cold and indifferent, it felt like talking to a different person.

"So you think I'm to blame?" she asked. Her hidden stubbornness made it easy for her to win arguments.

"Your sister said it herself." Kuroo said and the smaller figure looked at him in disbelief, scoffing.

"And you believe her?"

This was probably the night she used the most facial expressions.

"How can I not? Why would she lie? I saw it with my own two eyes, Y/n." he pauses.

"That night you introduced me to your family, you think I didn't hear your little side comment? The scoffs? The look of annoyance in your eyes whenever someone compliments her?"

"She's your sister, what could she possibly have done to make you hate her so much?" he asks with an angry expression, making Y/n freeze.

"How come I'm always the villain here?" she asks and he scoffs in annoyance.

"Don't play the f*cking victim, Y/n."

A curse word and her name at the end of the sentence, nothing new. She's heard worse from other people, most especially her parents.

She stayed silent and kept focus at the stars, not a lot could be seen due to the amount of light in the city but she saw the bright ones.

And for a moment she found comfort with the stars, wishing she had the same freedom to just watch.

Her brain was ignoring the words he had said.

But wasn't she really the victim? Having to tolerate such painful words and comparisons the rest of her life?

What the hell did I do wrong?

"You love her." Y/n blurted out.

Kuroo froze.

"Hm, I should've known."

You did know, idiot.

She thought to herself.

"Kinda hurts my feelings you don't react the same way when I'm the one crying. Oh right, you don't know cause you're never really here. Because you're out there with her doing god knows what." she said in a rather mocking tone.

"Stop trying to put the blame on either of us."

"You hate her because of your own insecurities." Kuroo says harshly, not knowing the impact it made on her.

"Insecure?" she asks, looking at him again.

"Yes. Insecure. Want me to spell it out?" he asks sarcastically, a look of disbelief written all over his face.

"How can I not be?" she says, her voice cracking.

"Try getting compared to her every single f*cking day and we'll see." tears forming at the corner of her eyes.

"I do everything to please every single person I know! And one mistake is all it takes for them to leave and compare me to her!"

"I did everything! I got into good schools from all over the country, won every single f*cking competition I joined, do all house chores without complaining and act like a perfect girl to everyone I meet!"

"The least I could get is a 'Good job', but no. Instead, I get a 'you could've done better', or 'your sister's this and that'." she says while shouting.

"When will it ever be enough?!" she asks in an angry tone.

"Will it ever be enough?"

"Will I ever be enough?"

And that's when Kuroo knew he went too far.

Realization hit him and his expression began to change, but he knew that this wasn't S/n's fault. He can't stand back and watch S/n fall apart because of Y/n's actions.

"You love her, Kuroo! Say it to my face!" she shouted.

Luckily, the park didn't have many visitors that night.

"So what if I love her? She's your sister! Why can't I love my girlfriend's fami-"

"Because you're starting to love her more than you love me, idiot!"

She looked like a child throwing a tantrum.

"And the worst part is she loves you back!"

"I love her, Y/n. But I love you too." Kuroo says trying to reach out to her, only for Y/n to take a step back.

"Choose, Kuroo." she stated while shaking her head and taking tiny steps back.

"Choose whose heart you wanna break."

"But we both know the answer to that, don't we?" she said.

"And for the first time in my life, someone chose me." she scoffed and laughed bitterly.

"Go ahead and date that hoe." she said, turning around.

"And I'll forgive both of you when fat pigs fly." she says while beginning to walk away.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Y/n?" he said while tugging at his hair in a judgey tone, with a small hint of disbelief and annoyance coating his voice.

"Funny." she said, pausing.

"I've been asking myself the same question everyday for the past 18 years."

She then walked away and found a cab, immediately getting in it.

She stared out the window to see the stars once again.

Why can't anyone listen to me?

Can anyone even hear me?

This didn't end the way she originally planned it would.