IX-Emails

Kuroo watched as Y/n typed away at her laptop.

He noticed all the differences and changes to Y/ns appearance from two years ago.

Her hair was now a bit shorter and her skin had a bit more color.

She put her hair up in a bun as she fixed her jacket, rolling the sleeves.

"Y/n, is this one correct?" one of her groupmates, Michael, asked.

She looked away from her laptop screen and the corner of her lips lifted up.

Kuroo stared at her for a while, admiring her from afar.

She was at a cafe with who he assumed was her friends.

She seemed happier.

Different.

She was smiling.

"Uhh, you got this one right but you forgot the negative sign." she answered.

She looked a lot better from the last time he saw her.

Maybe she was better off without him.

Come to think of it, he never got to explain what had happened two years ago.

He only accompanied S/n to places and hung out with her, they never had an actual label until he broke up with Y/n, or when Y/n broke up with him.

S/n just took it the wrong way and assumed they had already started going out.

"I have to go, can you drop these files off at the campus later?" Y/n asks Annie, her groupmate.

"Sure. Where are you going though?" Annie asks, she's always been nosy for someone so smart.

She has probably spread the most rumors in campus in the history of Yale University itself. There weren't a lot of people getting accepted so most students in their department knew each other.

"I'm meeting a friend this afternoon, I'm done with my work." she answers before exiting the cafe and fixing her backpack.

Kuroo turned around casually, hiding his face.

He got the answer he needed.

She was doing well.

-2 years later-

Only four people in Japan had Y/n's current contact number and email address, that wasn't until her extremely annoying uncle bugged her mom to give it to him.

She's been receiving birthday and holiday cards ever since.

"Happy Birthday to my favorite niece. Stay out of trouble, kid." she read out loud.

She remembered how her last birthday in Japan went.

She got stood up.

It would be a lie to say that Y/n had moved on from the grief.

Denial sucked, anger made it worse.

She had to go to the gym at least four times a week to take it out on the poor punching bags.

Y/n punched as hard as she could and the punching bag swang to the opposite of her direction.

People were starting to stare at her, even the gym instructors were getting scared at how often she comes and how hard she punches.

She had a deadly aura around her.

"Stupid."

*PUNCH*