17. Lost Hope | ناامیدی

Please, vote and comment. Author loves to read them!

Putting this gorgeous cover here by bakhtawarr__

Putting this gorgeous cover here by bakhtawarr__. You guys are amazing and I love you all!

©

Standing with constructors in the premises of the new school that was yet to be built, he was explaining everything to Arham when his gaze fell on a restless Safa waving her hand at him to catch his attention from where she was hiding behind a pillar.

He scrunched his eyes in a questioning look.

"Come here!" She mouthed, beckoning him.

He shook his head in annoyance before getting engrossed in the conversation again.

Waving both her hands, she again called for his attention. He looked at her from the corner of his eyes before resuming back, ignoring her. Her nose flared as she shot him a disdainful glance before shouting.

"Excuse me, sir. I need to talk to you."

All heads turned towards her as she stood there with her head held high as if she were the boss and they her workers.

"You can see I'm busy. I'm sure whatever you have to say, it can wait."

"No, it can't," she retreated with a flaring nose while Arham suppressed a chuckle at the interesting creature in front of him.

Excusing himself, he strolled towards her with sharp expressions as mellow rays of sun smoldered his stubbled face.

"What?" His coat hanging on his arm.

"Why the fuck is that clown of yours here and why the hell are you dressed as if it's your Walima (reception)?" She surveyed him from his coifed hair to his shinny shoes. "Are you going somewhere?" She squinted.

"Ms. Hayat, this is not your home where you can blatantly bring your colourful vocabulary into use. It's a public place. At least, show some manners."

"Mr. Azlan Shehryar," she folded her arms on her chest. "This is not your school where you can lecture anyone you want. It's a public place. At least, keep your speeches to yourself."

He threw his hands up in surrender. Arguing with this woman was not his cup of tea. Or anyone's for that matter.

"Now give me my answers."

He huffed in exasperation as he ruffled his hand through his gelled hair.

"Arham is here to look after the construction."

"Why? You tired already?" She sneered with a derisive look. He ignored.

"I'm taking Ayyan to the city for a checkup. The hospital here is not well facilitated to run proper tests. And as far as this dress is concerned, I'm a CEO in case you've forgotten. While my right hand is here, I'll have to take care of everything on my own there."