T W E N T Y

A/N: Trigger warning, So the beginning of this chapter has acts of a toxic relationship and I don't want to offend anyone. If you do not want to read it you can skip it, I put it in italics so you know, basically she just has a nightmare about her ex, Daniel. Anyways, I just wanted to be safe instead of people getting pissed off that I didn't warn them. Love you and if you ever need anything I'm always here for you❤️

Daniel's hand was wrapped around my wrist, holding it in a tight grip. He continued calling me terrible names and accusing me of sleeping with one of the boys. It's become a normal routine for him to do this but it still scares me every time. He threw me towards the wall of our shared apartment, turning away from me and rubbing his head. I hit the wall causing my shoulder to ache and slide down so I'm sitting on the floor. I bite my lip because I knew it was only gonna get worse if I made any noise. My phone was on the counter, and it starts vibrating, notifying me of someone calling. Daniel checks my phone and throws it at me.

"Who the hell is Cameron!" He exclaims.

"One of John and Jaren's friends." I reply from the floor, letting the call end and then telling Cameron now's not a good time. I had just been introduced to the misfits and we agreed to play today which is why Daniel was throwing a fit.

"I don't want you talking to those boys again, do you hear me? Not Cameron, not John, not Jaden!" Daniel says turning towards me.

"His name is Jaren." I quietly reply, standing up.

"What the hell did you just say to me?" Daniel's eyes have a fire behind them.

"I said his name is Jaren." I reply getting closer to him, "and you are not gonna tell me who I can and can't talk to." I had every right to say it. He has taken so much from me, my confidence, my friends who didn't like him, he even made me move to a different apartment just so he could keep an eye on me, but right now I was not gonna let him take away my boys. So I stood tall, my determination on keeping the boys overpowering my fear. Daniel says no words but I can see the anger and feel it radiating off of him. In just a few seconds he was in front of me, his hand raised and coming down full force.

~~~~~~~~~~
I was startled awake, tears rolling down my face as my breathing started picking up. I tried to grab something, anything, and settled on a pillow. I held it close to me just trying to calm down. After a few second my door starts opening.

"Hey kid, are you ok?" Tyler asks, his sentence grew more concerning towards the end. I looked up at him and he immediately saw the fear in my eyes. He came over to the bed and sat down, his back on the headboard, as he held me. Telling me to just cry if I needed to. I held on to him for dear life, completely forgetting about the pillow, as I sobbed into Tyler. He rubbed my back soothingly, his grip tightening on me just enough to make me feel protected and he gave me a sweet kiss on my head.

"I'm so sorry." I say, feeling guilty about freaking out at Tyler's place.

"You don't need to apologize. It happens to a lot of us." I think it's so funny how he can be so angry in game, but whenever he interacts with us it's so father like and calming. He sat there holding me until I was done crying, even then he didn't let go. I can still feel Daniel's grip on my wrist, it's almost as if he's still holding on to me, but I know that's not the case. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't shake off the feeling of my ex's hands pushing me and hurting me. I moved my right hand so I can try and rub away the feeling that was on my left wrist. Tyler noticed and let go of me slightly so he can look at me, "is you're wrist ok?" He asked trying to analyze it with the moonlight that was shining into the room.

"Yeah, it's fine." I replied.

"So what happened?"

"Just a nightmare."

"Come on you gotta give me more than that."

"A monster attacked me, and tried to take you guys away from me." I mean, I wasn't lying. He looked at me and gave me a reassuring smile.

"Well we're not going anywhere." He then put me back into the protective hug he had me in earlier. We heard footsteps and looked to my door to see John, with some serious bed head, standing there.

"Y'all are loud. I'm surprised Jaren hasn't woken up. So what happened?" He asked coming to my room. Making himself comfortable just like the last time he was in here.

"Nightmare." Tyler responded, "about a big ugly monster." I giggled and Tyler smiled wider, glad he could make me smile after seeing me so troubled.

"Well, if you wanna go back to Kelly I can handle this." John says.

"No guys, really I'm fine. You need rest." I say. Neither of them moved so I got up and started grabbing their hands. After a while of struggling they finally helped me and got up themselves. I led them to my door, "good night boys."

"Night." I made sure they both went to their respective rooms and went back to my bed. I sat down and got a notification on my phone. John had texted me.

Johnny boi: So what was your nightmare really about?

(Y/N): Daniel

Johnny boi: you better tell me about it later

(Y/N): Do I have to?

Johnny boi: Yes

I left John on read and laid down. It took me even longer to fall asleep this time.

~~~~~time skip~~~~~

I got up and tried to find the most American thing I brought. I settled on washed out jean shorts and a white tank top. I then brushed my (Y/H/C) hair into a ponytail. I went out of my room and right as I passed John and Jaren's door I was dragged inside. I looked to see John.

"Talk." He says. I sigh and tell him what my dream was about and I could see his anger slowly start to rise.

"Then Tyler came in to check on me." I finish the story.

"You told me he never hurt you like that." Johns voice is a calm angry and I flinch at the words. Remembering back to when John asked me about it I did tell him Daniel never hurt me physically.

"I'm sorry." I reply in a breathy tone with tears forming in my eyes for feeling like I disappointed John by not telling him the full truth. He looks at me and I don't know what emotion he's feeling. Me and John, usually, can read each other like a book but right now it's so hard to figure out the emotion in him. There's so much tension in the room and it feels like I'm being suffocated by it. Then out of the blue the door is flung open.

"Guys! Guys!" Jaren bursts through the door with a smile on his face and his phone in his hand. Upon seeing Johns face and the tears in my eyes his smile falters, "Is everything alright?" He asks.

"Yeah. Everything's fine, so what's up?" I reply swallowing the lump in my throat and forcing a smile.

"Well, I don't know if it will fix everything, but I just got a call. We got the house, You two are coming to Canada." He replies with a smile and he did a little dance at the end of his sentence.