Chapter 10

Friday nights in the Mitchell house hold was pizza and movie night. Melody sat in her usual spot on the living room floor, her plate on the table, ready for everyone to pick a movie. She figured since Landon was home he was going to be given the honor of picking the movie. Everyone shuffled in and found a seat. Landon picked one of his all time favorites The Fast and the Furious. Throughout the entire movie Melody felt like someone was watching her. Not just anyone, She could swear Landon’s friend’s eyes were on her more than the movie. Suddenly her phone went off and she couldn’t hold back a smile. But she was a little disappointed when she saw it was only Zoe calling. 

"Hello!" 

"Come on M&M take it to another room."

Melody glared at her brother before walking off to her room. 

"Was that Landon I heard?"

"Yeah, they showed up a day early."

"They? He brought a girl home?"

"Ha Landon actually date a girl and bring her home to the family? I don't see that ever happening. No he brought one of his teammates I think home with him."

"What?! What does he look like?"

"I don't know, like all of Landon’s friends...athletic, dark blonde hair, brown eyes…"

"Oh my god you've been checking him out!"

"Please, no I haven't."

"Girl I can practically see you blushing through the phone. You think he's hot!"

"Okay maybe at first but then he opened his mouth and all was lost. He is just another cocky, pain in the ass, like all of Landon’s other buddies." 

"Okay if you say so. Sooo have you told Landon about you finally agreeing to join us at school?"

"Actually no, I'm surprised it wasn't the first thing out of mom's mouth when he got home." 

"Well I'm going to bed, I just wanted to catch up. I miss you! Two more weeks until Freshman Orientation!!!"

"Yep, I can't wait to see you. I'm so glad we were able to room together! Night"

Melody didn't feel like going back downstairs. She just wanted to text Riley and go to bed. 

Before I fall asleep tell me something new about you -M

Off to bed so early on a Friday? Hmm...let me think...I play football -R

What? Really? -M

Really...it's one reason I went to school so far from home. Free ride. It's actually why I study so hard. If I fail I lose my scholarship. -R

Soooo...not a nerd… -M

lol Told you! But I'm not your typical jock either...I just do me. -R

Well now my image of you in my head is all wrong. -M

I'm going to say good night before I say something stupid that i will regret in the morning. Sweet Dreams! -R

Good night! -M