2- Going on a Trip

Avani gives you a look of feeling bad for you and excuses herself.

You: "Why can I not go with her?"

Mom: "Why do you insist on fighting with your dad?"

You: *rolling your eyes*"So he called to tattle, did he?"

"So he called to tattle, did he?"

Mom: "He's just frustrated. Neither of us understand where we went wrong with you."

You: "Because I didn't leave the middle of nowhere to go drop $100,000 in tuition at a big fancy college, like Addison did that means there's something wrong with me?"

Mom: "I don't think there is something wrong with you. That was bad wording, I'm sorry."

You: "I forgot she was so perfect."

Mom: "I don't know why you hold so much animosity towards her. She loves you and has always been on your side. She calls all the time to ask how you are because you barely respond to her anymore."

You: "I don't hate her. It's just hard being compared to her so much."

Mom: "I never meant to do that, but I do think not pushing her away would help you a lot more than you are willing to admit."

You: "Yeah and how do you expect me to do that. She is staying at UCLA for the summer instead of coming home. Even she can't stand to be here."

Mom: "Well maybe you two have more in common than you realize."

You: "Yeah, yeah... I'll text her or something."

Mom: "Actually. She sent a plane ticket for you to come."

You: "She did what? Why would she do that?"

Mom: "You'd have to ask her. She just called me and warned me that she'd sent it."

You: "And you and dad had nothing to do with it?"

Mom: "Do we think it'd do you good to spend a little time seeing what the life of a college student is like? Yes. But this came directly from your sister because she misses you and couldn't come home so she wanted to bring you to her."

You: "When would I even go? Avani leaves next week and I want to be able to say goodbye. I couldn't leave until after that."

Mom: "Actually, you leave tomorrow afternoon and you are only staying for 4 days so you'll be back in time to see Avani off."