35- Sisterly Support

The next morning you rolled out of bed barely able to hold your own head up from the weight of your pounding headache. As you pass by Nessa's open door you notice she never came home last night. Apparently everyone ended their night with the boy... or girl... of their dreams except you. You missed Blake because this was the first time you've slept apart since you'd moved to LA.

You cough loudly at the end of the hall to warn Dixie and whoever else might have slept out there that you were close. Instead, you find Addison alone, drinking a cup of coffee, muttering to herself as she chewed on her nail. You had intended to never bring up what you saw, but seeing her looking so stressed you had to ask:
"Addison, I need to talk to you..."

Addison's heart started racing as she quickly tried to play down what was coming:
"Yeah that truth or dare game was crazy. We kept playing after you went to bed but it wasn't the same without you and Nessa."

You: "Addi

You: "Addi... I know that kiss wasn't just truth or dare."

Addison: "You saw... Oh my God. You can't tell anyone. Promise me right now!!"

You: "Hey, hey, calm down. I would never do that, but I do think you should talk about it. Are you sure dropping Bryce to chase after a straight girl who has a boyfriend is going to end up NOT hurting you?"

Addison: "She kissed me. Trust me, I was just as shocked as you were... and for the record, I'm straight too. I'm just confused, ok."

You: "Ok... ok... calm down. No matter what you are or who you like everything will be ok but I don't think hurting Noah or Bryce to figure it out is something you're going to feel good about."

Addison: "I do like Bryce. He's just all over the place and it's confusing. He hasn't even texted me since I spent the night with him. I know we didn't do more than make-out but that was just as much his idea so I don't understand."

You: "Come to lunch with me and Blake. I'll have Blake mention that you are coming and that'll tell you what you need to know. If he invites himself then he still has a thing for you but if he skips then you'll know he really isn't interested.

Addison: "Do you think Dixie will be there?"

You: "Addi... I know you like her, and you like Bryce, and it's all a big mess in your head. I get it, but I really think you should focus on seeing where you and Bryce stand."

Addison: "You're probably right, I always knew no one would be okay with me dating a girl which is why I never tried."

You: "No. Don't say that. That has NOTHING to do with why I suggested you figure out where you stand with Bryce. You could date a girl and I'd be just as happy for you. This is about Dixie having a boyfriend and I don't think you should be okay with her cheating on Noah."

Addison: "I don't know what I want anyway so I guess you're right."