15- Addison's Secret Crush

Shortly after, Addison comes stumbling in knocking over a chair and sitting on the table laughing:
"Oh my God, I'm sorry. Did I wake you up?"

She flips on the lights and notices you've been crying. She immediately switches into big sister mode and comes and sits next to you asking what happened. You tell her everything, not even bothering to edit out that you'd slept with him.

Addison: "Welp. That happened and you can't take it back. All you can do is decide where you go from here."

You: "Oh God, no. I wouldn't ever want to take it back. I'm completely falling for him and if one night is all I ever get with him then at least it was amazing enough to remember forever."

Addison: "Be careful what you wish for. A lifetime is a long time to live not able to be who you want to be."

You: "You mean who you want to be with?"

Addison: "Uh, yeah. I'm sorry, I'm very drunk and doing the best I can with wording."

You share a laugh, but it's very obvious there's more to her statement than she let on. You are debating whether to push when she buries her face in the couch cushion starting to cry.

You: "Hey... what's going on? Talk to me?"

Addison: "Bryce kissed me goodnight."

You: "Isn't that a good thing? He was literally being so sweet to you all night. I can tell he likes you."

Addison: "You're right, he does. But that's the problem... I think I have feelings for someone else."

You: "Who? Noah? He has a girlfriend so that's going to go very badly. Plus aren't you like getting to be really close with Dixie?"

Addison: "I'm really drunk, don't listen to me. I'm not thinking clearly. It was a really good kiss though."

You must look so confused which makes Addison even more uneasy with what she just admitted. She jumped up before you could say anything else and ran to her room. You tried to knock on the door, but she wouldn't answer.

The next morning you are all packed and go check if Addison is awake. She's already out on the couch so you try to find a way to bring up last night.

Addison: "Hey sleepyhead. Want to get lunch before we head to the airport?"

 Want to get lunch before we head to the airport?"

You: "Addison... Don't you think we should talk about what you told me last night?"

Addison: "About Bryce? What else is there to say about it. He kissed me. Who knows if anything will even happen there. I heard he's kinda a player. I mean he did DM me this morning."

You are so confused. Did she not remember everything she told you after that? Did you imagine it? She was drunk, but it had seemed so genuine. You decide now isn't the time to push her and let the subject move onto Bryce's message.

Addison: "He actually asked me out to dinner tonight. I think after I get back from the airport, I'm going to see him."

Addison drives you to the airport after lunch and you are so overcome with emotion you don't even want to get out of the car.

Addison: "If this is about Blake, I think you should talk to him. I know you think there's no way this can work, but maybe you're wrong."

You: "How? I'm going to be so far away and he has a whole life here."

Addison: "Why do you think I brought you out here? Just for a weekend to visit? I miss you. I want you around more. I got out of that miserable town and you can too. Even if you just come visit me more often."

You: "Okay I come visit, but that's not the same as being here every day."

Addison: "Then why don't you stay here... everyday... and before you argue that you can't. What do you have holding you there? You and Mom and Dad fight constantly. Avani is moving away for school. You aren't enrolling in classes there. What's stopping you?"

You: "I just don't think I'm as strong as you are Addison. I don't know if I am ready to be out on my own."