20- The Carnival

You only have time to ride one more ride before it's time to head to the airport. You beg him to get on the ferris wheel but he wants no part of anything that high. You bat your eyelashes at him and kiss him before sticking your bottom lip out, pouting.

 You bat your eyelashes at him and kiss him before sticking your bottom lip out, pouting

Blake: "Oh my God, you win! Let's go."

You make it to the top of the ride and notice he's extremely nervous. You wrap your arms around him to distract him. He starts to ease up and even notices how beautiful the whole city in the distance looks under the pastel colors of the setting sun. You didn't think you'd ever get to see him again, and now here he is and you're preparing to say goodbye all over again. It just seemed so unreal. He kissed you differently than he ever had. This time it wasn't want, it wasn't need, it wasn't even desire. It almost felt like...

Love

Blake: "What?"

You start to panic as you replay your thoughts for the possibility that you'd said that outloud.

You: "I... uh... I love this view"

Blake: *blurting out before he loses the nerve*
"I'm falling in love with you."

Just like that the words hung in the space between you thicker than the summer air 100 foot off the ground.

You: "You are?"

You are looking into his eyes and see so much hope but also fear. You know he is terrified of your response so all you can think to do is kiss him again.

Blake: "I know you think we can't do this-"

You: *interrupting*
"How Blake. How can we be together half a country away from each other? How could that possibly work."

Blake: "You could come home with me."

You: "Your right, I could pack up and move all that way. Nothing is stopping me. But if this falls apart, then what?"

Blake: "Then we can fly back and forth until you feel as sure as I do."

You: "That's just not reasonable. My flight to California was hundreds of dollars, Blake. I only work part-time as a photography assistant. I can't do that."

Blake: "But I can. I make a lot more money than I let on. I could fly out here once a week if I really wanted to. I can come here and you can come to California. We can call and text... hell you can send me a letter for all I care. Just be with me!!!"

You've had an ocean of silence between you since the ferris wheel had put you both back down, feet on solid ground. You park at the airport so you can walk him in because in spite of not having spoken in half an hour, you aren't ready to say goodbye. He checks in and the reality of him leaving you again hits and you start to cry. He wraps you up in a tight hug. You completely crumble in his arms.

 You completely crumble in his arms

Blake: "Don't cry. I'm going to be back. I'm not giving up yet."

You: "Why?"

Blake: "Because I love you and you don't know it yet, but you love me too."

Before you can respond, the intercom calls for his row to board and he kisses you hard enough to last you until next time you see him and walks onto the plane.