s e v e n

Ana hummed as she walked down the halls of the hospital. She was headed to the pediatrics floor to meet Seraphina and Connor for lunch. They'd become fast friends after she'd meet them when she consulted on Dr Ingle's patient over a month ago. With Seraphina being a pediatrician and Connor, an anesthesiologist, the three of them made quite the unusual team.

The past month had also been filled with random meetings with Aaron at weird hours of the day when he was in town and not out on a case. After the divorce was finalized, Aaron began spending more time with Ana and the two of them had actually become good friends.

"Pierce!" Connor shouted, racing towards her with three cups of what looked like coffee in his hands. "Wait up."

Ana stilled for him to catch up with her and they walked in a comfortable silence to the pediatrics wing.

"Oh, how's Mrs Gills doing? I only saw her when she was unconscious after surgery." He asked.

Ana sighed, Mrs Gill was one of her patients who had stage three lung cancer and had many operations and chemotherapy appointments in her future. Needless to say, she wasn't handling it very well. "She's doing as well as to be expected. I think she's going to be okay, in the long run. I hope she is."

Connor stopped and tried to balance the coffee in one hand, smiling triumphantly when he did. He reached his free hand over to me and gently squeezed my shoulder, "She'll pull through. From what I heard, she's a fighter."

Ana nodded and smiled, thankful that she'd made such good friends at the hospital. They made it to where they thought Seraphina might be, but she was no where to be found.

"Hey Maggie." Connor whispered to the nurse standing behind the desk.

She looked up, a bored look on her face, "Dr Larsen. How may I help you?"

Connor flashed her one of his charming smiles, "Could you maybe be so kind as to point us in the direction of Dr Ashford, wherever she may be."

Maggie still looked bored as she listened to Connor speak. "She's with a patient Dr Larsen. She'll be back in a few, I'm sure you can sit tight until then."

Conner's smile faltered and it took everything in Ana for her not to laugh. "Right. Thank you Maggie."

Connor and Ana walked to the side, trying to keep out of the nurses way. Connor groaned, "She hates me."

Ana laughed, "She'll come around. Oh look! There's Sera."

Seraphina's face glowed as she walked towards them. Connor cupped his mouth with his hands, "Ashford." He said loudly.

"Hey Anastasia." She grinned, slinging her hand around Ana's shoulders. She nodded her head at Connor. "Connor."

"Why is it that you address us by our full names Sera?" Ana laughed.

Sera shrugged, "I just do. So, what's on the agenda for today?"

"Other than saving babies and drugging people, I was thinking we take a walk, take our break now?" Ana suggested.

"Yes please." Connor groaned, lacing his arms through the two girls' arms on either side of him. They giggled and he led them out of the peds wing, choosing to let go of their arms in favor of holding the coffee he'd bought them.

"For you." He said, holding one out to Ana and then  whirling to face Seraphina. "And you, milady."

Seraphina giggled, "Thank you."

Ana rolled her eyes, inching away from the two doctors who were so obviously in love, though both too stubborn to admit it.

"Ana? Come back here." Seraphina called from where she and Connor stood.