Chapter 5

Jordan's POV

🍀

I woke up with someone spooning me. I could smell their scent, and to be quite honest, it wasn't my favorite. I slipped out of bed, took my robe and went to the bathroom to take a shower. It was noon, and I assumed my family was having a lunch or enjoying their day.

When I got out from the bedroom, the one I had been sleeping with for two years wasn't awake yet. It was always like this. I always woke up first and I was the one who made breakfast for us.

I sighed, this life was a hundred and eighty different than when I was with her. I looked at Laura, my wife, and every day I still wondered why I agreed to marry this woman.

I didn't have a reason why I ended up being with her in the first place. Maybe because when I met her, I was pretty drunk and I didn't know when she asked me. I thought it was a joke and for two years now I regretted it because I knew, my heart was still for her.

I was so stoked when I saw Allison last night. It was like a dream to me. I never thought I still had the chance to see her again after all these years, well, ten years.

She looked so beautiful last night, as always, because she was a princess as I always called her. And I couldn't tell anybody how I felt last night when I saw Allie. Memories came rushing into my mind and everything came back like we were back ten years ago.

I tried my best to search for them, I failed, and I stopped trying five years ago. I felt like I lost my world completely, that was why I lost my sanity and married this woman.

I never loved her, I said that just for formality as a wife because I knew I couldn't love someone else the way I did for Gabby. Fuck, that woman really owned my heart. No, wrong. She owned my life.

I was wondering what she looked like now. But judging from Allie, I knew they were twins. I smiled at the thought, and I really needed to catch up with my princess before I had to do my daily life tomorrow.

"Becca." I called my niece.

"Yeah?" She walked towards me.

"Uh, you do know where Allie lives, right?" Becca nodded. "Can you tell me where is it?"

Becca nodded. She wrote me an address without hesitant and it was just fifteen minutes from here. I thanked her, changing my clothes and left a note to tell my wife that I went to my parent's house which was also fifteen minutes from here even though it was an opposite direction from where Allie lived.

"Uh, Aunty." Becca stopped me.

"Yeah, Bec?" I asked her.

"How do you know Allie?" Becca asked me carefully. "I didn't get the answer last night. Are you and her uhm, something?"

I stifled a laugh because I saw Becca was blushing. "No, Becca. Don't worry, she's yours." I winked at the last part which made Becca blushed hard. I knew Becca had a thing with Allie. The way Becca looked at Allie last night was enough to prove anything.

"Alright, I gotta go." I said, Becca nodded.

I drove in nervous because this was the first time I showed up to their face again after ten years. I didn't know what changed, but I hoped it was a good change.

I focused on catching up with Allie on this one because I didn't know what to say to her mother. I knew I hurt her a lot just with a lie, but truth be told, I had loved her from the start and I didn't see Olivia in her at all since I had fallen for her daughter.

But I was too late when I was about to answer her question, and it led me to live this life. I thought this was a karma for me, and funny, it had been ten years.