Chapter 28

Allison's POV

💬

A YEAR LATER

Did you know what happiness was? What was that about? Money? Fame? Hot girlfriend? Perfect life? Or simply just because you existed in this world?

If you asked me, I only had one simple answer : my happiness was seeing my mom happy. I'd never ask for more. My mom's happiness was my priority, my top priority. So, when Jordan asked my blessing when she was about to propose to my mom a year ago, I gave her the fastest answer because I knew Jordan could make my mom happy more than anyone in this world.

So, when they got married a year ago right after we came back from Bali, I couldn't contain my happiness. My favorite person was now my other mother and we were living in the same house and I loved being here with her even though sometimes she was strict as hell, more than my biological mom.

What about Becca, you might ask? Yes, we were still together. We were in long distance relationship since she was in college. We knew long distance was hard but it was worth the wait, Becca was worth the wait.

Today was my graduation day and you might guess it right, I went to Sommerville to live and study with my lovely girlfriend. We didn't have to be in a long distance relationship again since I moved in with her in her own apartment.

God, my life was perfect. But I knew there were so many sacrifices before I stood up like this. My childhood wasn't the best memories but somehow it was a good one. You know why, yeah, Jordan.

Living with them as my parents was as perfect as it could be. Of course Jordan spoiled me like I was a queen or something. I no longer called her 'Jordan' again, now I called her momma since I called my biological mother as mommy. They were a perfect example of a couple.

Momma still worked at Miller Industry and my mom being a housewife because momma didn't allow her to work again. I could feel momma poured her heart out to this family, my family, our family.

"It's seven in the morning and if you don't get up in five minutes, I will not allow you to go tomorrow." I heard my momma said.

I rolled my eyes. She was the most punctual person I had ever known. And she was so strict about time. "I'm up, momma!" I replied.

"Good." Then I heard she headed to the kitchen.

My momma always woke me up while my mom was already in the kitchen preparing breakfast for us. Today we didn't have a plan beside having lunch together after the graduation, but I had a plan with Becca tomorrow.

We were planning to go to the beach because it was the nearest place. I wouldn't make Becca went to another state to celebrate my graduation because I knew she had to drive back to Northville and I wouldn't let that happen.

"Good morning, mom, momma." I kissed mommy then momma and sat on the kitchen island, waiting for my breakfast.

"Good morning, baby." Mom replied.

"Morning, princess." Momma responded.

And that was another thing, my mom would always call me 'baby' and my momma would call me 'princess' like they always did since I was a kid. And I found it cute because not many people liked to be called like that from their parents but I was so close to them so it wasn't a big deal for me. I didn't care what people said, a silly teenager? Then so be it.

"I have to work overtime, babe." Momma said to mom.

"Why?" Mom asked.

"There's a small mistake from marketing department and I have a meeting with a client." Momma replied. "But I'll be home before ten."

Then she kissed mommy. Mommy seemed enjoying the kiss and I had to gag so they could stop. But of course, they ignored me. I got used to it since I saw this view for a year now.

"Don't be late." Mommy said affectionately.

Okay guys, I needed to tell you this. They acted like a teenage couple, full of love everyday and sometimes I found it ridiculous. But once again, I got used to it.

"I won't." Momma replied, kissing mommy's nose.

"Becca asked me to sleepover so," I paused, looking at both of them and they looked at me at the same time, "the house is yours, guys. Make it count."

Mommy slapped momma's arms and they giggled to each other, I rolled my eyes.

Oh god, my parents were a silly couple.

*

We had dinner after a long day on the beach. Tonight was just about the two of us, smiling to each other and she was still capable of making me blushed even though we had been dated for two years now. I'd never get tired of being with her.

"So, are you ready to survive on college?" Becca asked me. "Believe me it's more exhausting."

I chuckled. "As long as I'll go through the days with you, then I'll be fine."

Becca smiled sweetly. "I love you, Allison."

"I love you too, Rebecca."

Then she squeezed my hand, I interlocked our fingers and to my surprise, Becca kissed the back of my palm. I was blushing hard like a red tomato. Becca slowly took something inside her pocket and my jaw dropped.

Becca chuckled. "No, it's not what you think it is."

And somewhat that made my heart hurt.

Becca saw my face and she corrected herself. "Yes, it is what you think it is but I know we're still so young so I'm not gonna ask you to marry me immediately."

My face brightened slowly, thinking about the possibility for her to ask me one day. "Then what it is about?"

Becca revealed a beautiful ring. "This is a promise ring. A sign of promise that I'm going to ask you to be my one and only for the rest of my life one day. And a symbol of our love, I'll stay with you no matter what future brings and I'll always love you for as long as my heart beats."

My tears slowly streamed down my face. I couldn't believe she'd do this to me. Sometimes I felt like I didn't deserve her. She was too perfect for me and I promised I wasn't going to take her for granted.

"Will you stay by my side for as long as it takes?" Becca asked me seriously.

"I will." I smiled in the middle of crying.

Becca grinned from ear to ear. "I love you, baby."

"I love you more." Becca leaned closer to kiss me.

She was my love, the one and only Rebecca Elizabeth Moore.

And like I said, my life couldn't be more happier than this. It was my happiness, a wishful thinking when I was six years old kid and I couldn't believe God gave me this, after all these years.

That was why we had to never stop believing, kept moving no matter how long it took to get what you always wanted because you'd get what you wanted as long as you kept believing in yourself and trying.

Who knew I ended up being with the most beautiful person inside and out? Who knew mommy and momma found their happiness? Who knew my life turned out so well, more than I could imagine? Who knew I was no longer a Rodriguez now? And who knew the universe play its part to make this happened for me, for my moms, and for Becca?

What was happiness again?

When you were grateful of what you had.

THE END