Chapter 16

Gabby's POV

💌

"Gab." Anne called me.

"Yeah?" I didn't bother to look up to see her because this was she always did, disturbing me while I was working.

"Jordan is here." Anne informed me.

"And?"

Yeah, even though we ended up things in the past that night, whenever I heard Allie or Anne mentioned Jordan's name it felt like I couldn't get over her even more. She was still here in my mind each day but I needed to get over it for my own sake.

"She is with someone." Anne said and I turned my head to see her immediately. "Well shit, she has a good taste of women though."

I raised my brows, trying my best to act careless but my own mind fought me. A part of me wanted to stay because it wasn't my business, but another part of me telling that I should at least see who that woman was.

What if Jordan has moved on from me? I asked myself. Wait, that's what I want, right? So do I. I need to move on.

"Well yeah, look at her ex." I smirked, pointing at myself.

Anne rolled her eyes. "Seriously, if you don't get up from that chair, that woman will get on Jordan's pants in a second."

"And why do I need to care?" I taunted her.

She crossed her arms over her chest. "Whatever." Then she stormed out from my office.

I huffed, today was not really busy. I could stay in the office for four hours because I already took my first four hours in the morning which mean I could go home in an hour.

I rubbed my face harshly. The thought of Jordan with someone else bothered me. A lot. But I decided to stay in my office, I didn't want to gain her attention by checking up on her all of sudden. Whoever the person was with Jordan right now wasn't my business. I had my own business though.

At the end of my shift when I was ready to go home, I wasn't surprised to see Jordan leaning on her car right next to mine. She wore grey trousers, white button up shirt and her grey blazer was on her shoulder.

She crossed her ankle, tilting her head down. She didn't notice me at first, but when I walked closer, she was smiling when she looked at me.

"What are you doing?" I asked her irritatedly.

"I was waiting for you." She answered.

"What for? Do you have a business to deal with me?" I asked her, unlocking my car. "Look, Jordan. I don't mind you keep visiting the bar I work at but please stop following me like a creep. I'm an adult, I can take care of myself and I don't need you everywhere I go. Don't you have a life to live in? Don't you have business to be taken care of? Why did you bother to come almost everyday when I work and follow me until I get home? Please, give me space on my own. Like I said, I don't need you."

Jordan didn't say anything and I kept my rambling, exploding all of my words to her, I had held it for so long though.

"Stop from whatever you're doing to me, Jordan. Don't visit me when I'm home. You can tell Allie a good night through messages or some phone calls. Stop torturing me with your presence, I'm sick of it!"

She clenched her jaw. Was I too much? I didn't think so. It was true. She was following me like a creep. And what was her intention? She wasted her time by doing that. I didn't want to deal with her again. I didn't want to repeat the same mistake I had done in the past.

She sighed, looking away from me. Her pained expression made me feel bad but I needed to do this to make her stay away from me. We both needed to move on, and coming back to an ex was a little bit weird for me.