Chapter 11

Jordan's POV

🍀

I put my hands on my hips, looking around the house and I was glad I had done it before tomorrow. I sighed, today was exhausting. I had to decorate my new house in this town, it wasn't that big but it was good. I knew I could afford a bigger house than this but what was the point of having a big house when you lived on your own?

Yes. I divorced Laura two weeks ago. I just couldn't hold it any longer. I wasn't happy with her and she was cheating on me. I knew that for so long but I kept quiet and it exploded when we had an argument back there.

And I knew I wasn't being irrational when I took the responsibility of Miller Industry and moved here just because Gabby was living here too. But when I took a look at what my mom had been working on, now I clearly cursed myself because her job was hard and I had it on my shoulders.

I didn't want to let my moms down. I had to start to think about the company, not because the love of my life was living here too.

But I had something that I always dreamed of for the past ten years. I was gonna win her back.

*

I sat in my office, the main office of Miller Industry. The main office was moved from my moms' hometown and they changed the office in here since they wanted to spend the rest of their lives in this town.

My Mama taught me about the business and it wasn't that hard since I had degree on business but what I did not know about this was, the job was this big. We had restaurants, hotels, resorts and a theme park and I had to take care of all of them, especially the theme park since it was the legacy from my grandparents and I knew my moms loved The Hill so much more than anything.

Well, obviously. I knew the story, The Hill was the first place they knew that they had loved each other back in high school and the place when they got married. But then my mind drifted to somewhere so far away about fourteen or fifteen years ago. The Hill was the same place I asked Olivia to marry me.

I chuckled at that thought. Now I didn't feel sad when I remembered about her. I knew it had been so long but I really forgot about her when I was with Gabby. But yeah, Gabby didn't accept the small fact that they were related to each other and I didn't blame her. I shouldn't let her feel like she was a rebound but it was too late now.

Ten years. I laughed at myself. Ten years and I'm still deeply in love with you, Gab.

"Good morning, Mrs. Miller." Sarah, my mama's personal assistant, greeted me.

"It's Ms." I corrected her.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Sarah bowed her head down a bit.

"It's okay." I motioned her to continue what she was about to do.

"This is the report of last month and you need to take a look to see the development of The Hill." Sarah gave me a file.

"Thank you." I smiled formally and she excused herself.

I started to work and to be honest it was harder than I could imagine because after I had done with one, another one came until it took my 12 hours of my day and I spent my day inside this office only.

I need a drink. I told myself. It had been a day, I felt so exhausted and I needed a recharge for my body and it had been so long I didn't drink and I decided to go to the nearest bar from my way back home.

"Rum and Coke, please." I put the money on the table and this handsome boy made my drink.

My gaydar caught something from him and that was why he didn't try to hit on me. I smiled at him and he, too, knew me apparently. We both laughed and talked a bit until my body froze because I saw her. Gabby came from the back of the bar, she didn't notice me at first but when we looked at each other's eyes, I knew she was surprised.